Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my chain is visibly pretty loose and clicks at low speeds.

is there a way to get a chain tightened or do i just buy a new one? i'm still a noob.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
How old is the chain on there? If it is still in good shape but just loose, follow your manual and tighten/lube it. Check your sprocket teeth as well for any missing ones or just bad wear. Otherwise, buy a new chain, they aren't that expensive.

·
Curve Connaisseur
364 Posts
Sounds like you have a bad link check the master link, if not tighten the chain its relatively simple...good luck.... :fiddy

·
Registered
706 Posts
Also, I'd suggest buying a repair manual and the owners manual, if it didn't come with the bike. Even if you don't do the repairs yourself, you'll have a little knowledge with whats happening with your bike. Ride safe. :cheers

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
Tightening the chain is like changing the oil. Everyone should know how. A loose chain is better than one that's too tight. Remember to measure the play while seated. If you tighten it then sit on it you will see you lost quite a bit of play. Running it a touch looser than spec is fine. Run it tighter and you'll stretch it on a good bump. Ideally of course you'll have it within spec.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts