Sport Bikes banner

41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
jon super said:
:lao Been a member there for over almost two years now. Don't post that much anymore since I haven't modded my bike much lately - although I need to ask the gurus what is causing all the popping and backfiring on decel.

A great forum for us TL owners for sure.
Exhaust leaks maybe, mine sounds like a cannon going off now since I put on the slipons. I need a remap too though. I still have the stock ecu.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Smokin' the Ducs.

Hey I've seen some really nice bikes here, but I like this one the most because it's mine! My new ride, just for me no riders please. And all the Ducs can smell my exhaust as I pass them on the inside. LOL Keep the rubber side on the track, and finish your ride at home. :cheers

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
TL1000R, That is one good looking paint job. Any chance for more pics?

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
That's a great looking paint job! Where'd you get it done and how much, if you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The guy that did the job is named Phil Murphy and is from Tunnel Hill GA .. AS for the cost the bike was painted when i got it.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Hey Guys Nice Bikes.
I am looking for a Service Manual for a 98 TL-1000S for a friend. If anyone has one digitally or know where I can download from please let me know.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
well gents. I finaly broke down my friend to sell me his TLR. Wanted that bike for a long time now and now it's mine to punish.

hope the pix are okay, phone camera......

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just Call Me Ignorent

What is the diference between the gsxr and TL1000 bikes.A history lesson on this bike or some direction into where i can look is much apreciated.

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Royster, the biggest difference is that the GSX-R bikes are inline 4s. The TLs are v-twins. Inlines howl, v-twins rumble.

·
Super Moderator
9,239 Posts
busarider54 said:
Royster, the biggest difference is that the GSX-R bikes are inline 4s. The TLs are v-twins. Inlines howl, v-twins rumble.
Yep. Basically the GSXRs are for boys and the TL1000Rs are for men. :eek:nfloor

41 - 60 of 105 Posts