Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I got a 2004 500R and I notice when I stand near my bike and listen I hear ticking noise not loud but it comes from the valves. Is valves ticking slightly normal?

I just had my bike serviced for the first time at my dealer and all they basically did was change oil, lub chain/brakes ect, check over the bike.

Do they not do carb adjustments? or valves adjustment for the first tune up?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
It is your valves. it comes with have 4valves per cyl. My 600RR does it, my buddies zx-6d does it, another buddies FZ1 does it. It's part of the break in process the valves stretch and form to the head. Keep riding doing what I call heat treatments, heat the engine up and then let it cool, I did it going down a country road rode up to red line in 1st and 2nd gear then let the engine slow me down.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Most Kawy's are known to have a little valve train clatter...it's normal if you can barely here it. And NO, they wouldn't adjust the valves/carbs at 600 mile first service unless it wasn't running worth a shit.

·
Registered
94 Posts
my kwak zzr 600 has started making a new ticking noise when i roll the throttle off (under engine braking) dont know what it is but the bike still runs great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts