Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 1994 zzr 600 and have just had new header pipes,chain and sproks and a full service.i have a metalic ticking noise when i come off the throttle,its not so noticable when the bike is cold but after a few miles when its warm the noise is back.ive tryed chain adjustment and tightening header pipes but with no joy.a garage told me that my bike didnt need shimming so it cant be that, any ideas please?
THIS IS DRIVING ME MAD I'M ON THE VERGE OF SELLING IT.
KWAK ZZR

·
Registered
144 Posts
on my old yzf600 when I put the headers on, one of the seals that goes between exhaust port and header fell out. It sounded like a metallic ticking noise. I thought that I had a screwed up valve.
Later I found the seal on the floor, installed it and all the noises went away.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tryed that

have looked at header pipes and all seems to be ok,it sounds like a nut loose but i cant find anything anymore ideas? :cry

·
Registered
912 Posts
do you have a manual cam chain adjuster?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cam chain adj

i dont know anything about cam chain adjusters,does this sound like it might be the problem?i did think cam chain but i thorght it would rattle on full throttle but it doesnt.what can you tell me about cam chain adj,is it easy to do? :dunno

·
Registered
912 Posts
Just my experience on my 1996 GSXR 750. The person i bought the bike from put a manual cam chain adjuster on it. Well they had it tightened down way too much. It ended up wearing through the cam chain guides and making a metalic ticking noise that changed according to RPM's. On my Suzuki it was on the top left side of the motor. Try getting a hold of a stehascope(i can't spell), those thing doctors use to listen to your heart, and you can use it to pin point the sound. Also does it only make this noise while the clucth is engaged or is it all the time?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes only when the clutch is engaged.although i will try coasting quickly to see if it does it,but i dont think it does thats why i thourght it was chain related so i had a DID o ring gold chain and sprocks fitted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts