Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got back from court...i was like the 10th person called by the judge with no officer showing up...chp must have been too busy...yeah!!!:D...out of 50, i am thinking almost half of the tickets would be dismissed that way...

but i was ready just in case...i had a diagram and a couple of photos to argue my case...and i honestly think i had a good chance of winning...

so 2 out of 2 and one more to go...yeah i have good reasons to fight them...

guys and gals, fight them tickets...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Even if I know I'll loose I fight tickets. You are no more out of pocket if you do.

I read somewhere that the fine amount of the ticket is set low enough that you would rather pay it than fight. But if everyone fought it, the cities do not have enough manpower to allow for that, giving them the only option but to dismiss cases more often.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
in california tickets are very expensive...my other ticket for crossing the double yellow line was $480...but i beat it so i got most of it back...i was charged $75 for court cost or something or other...

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
Even tho you beat the ticket you were charged court costs? Wtf.
CA has become a giant money-sucking extortion racket, in just about every aspect of life. Every time I hear anything about the place, I only get more and more glad that we have escaped that state.

PhilB

Reactions: drummer92

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
You didn't beat it, it was dismissed because the officer didn't show up. Are you always this factual with your posts?

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Dismissed/ beat it, both should mean no cost to you(unless it is part of a plea). No?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
That part I agree with. If you win or it's dismissed you should get your collateral back. Massachusetts started paying for court win or lose and I disagree with that. I see nothing wrong with court costs if you lose, but winning should be free.

Reactions: jk750 and PhilB

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You didn't beat it, it was dismissed because the officer didn't show up. Are you always this factual with your posts?
royal tiger, i am talking about another ticket, the double yellow line ticket which i won by arguing my case...this ticket i posted was dismissed because the chp did not show up...

two different tickets...

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
royal tiger, i am talking about another ticket, the double yellow line ticket which i won by arguing my case...this ticket i posted was dismissed because the chp did not show up...

two different tickets...
Thanks for the clarification.

Was it for passing? PA allows crossing a double yellow to pass as long as its not posted and with some terrain restrictions. Most people here still don't know that.

Reactions: PhilB

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it was not for passing...i was on the freeway when traffic started slowing down, i braked but the car behind me was not paying attention...i was afraid to be rear ended so i swerved into the car pool lane which was clear at the time thus crossing the double yellow...

told the court it was a safety issue and ticket was dismissed...

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Thanks for the clarification.

Was it for passing? PA allows crossing a double yellow to pass as long as its not posted and with some terrain restrictions. Most people here still don't know that.
Same for OH and WV. (Thanks be to God. Though, WV is very good about breaking the double yellow for straights, and scarily enough bends and hills. Semi-blind ones. Even I don't have the balls to overtake on those.)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts