Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
IM A BAD ASS WITH A STICK
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
woooo hooooo bout to get some storms here in a few hours....anybody like me love storms...except when your riding..... i know a few of you will bring that up...some thing intresting about them i think :feedback

·
Registered
380 Posts
I miss that over here in korea. It rains all the fookin time but never storms like it did back in FL.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
We get some nice thunderstorms here in northern Italy. Makes for some pretty nice light shows working night shift. Also we go on weather hold and aren't allowed to do any work involving fuel when there is a thunderstorm nearby, so gives us a nice break.

·
Changed bikes again
30 Posts
We got hit pretty hard here. Got to head out in a few to go survey the damage at my work sites. We already had a home we were building get leveled this spring during a bad storm.

·
Changed bikes again
30 Posts
BuRn__ said:
storms? u mean those dark clouds that kick up dust everywhere but dont drop any water? lol

No the ones that dump an inch of rain in 40 min. Which I just found out my basement has a leaking window in the utility room. :angry Luckily it wasnt on the finished side.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Dude, if you really love storms that much come where I live, N. Texas. We have some awesome storms. Sometimes, though they get so severe that they scare the shit out of me, but that's part of it!!! I've been in 3 tornadoes though!!!

·
Registered
691 Posts
I enjoy going out and sitting on my porch in the summer time during a big storm. Watching nature at work is an awesome sight.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I love them too. Unfortunately they usually relax me soo much I fall asleep. And TX35 is right, if you like them, move to the Metroplex! The one we had last week dumped about a foot overnight. We get 'em good, that's for sure! Enjoy!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I love thunderstorms! Something about them just makes you want to stay in bed all day with your s/o or sitting out on your porch watching them! Awesome ones here in MS sometimes...

·
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TX35 said:
Dude, if you really love storms that much come where I live, N. Texas. We have some awesome storms. Sometimes, though they get so severe that they scare the shit out of me, but that's part of it!!! I've been in 3 tornadoes though!!!

ooo trust me i get enough i live in south east lower michigan we get some pretty good ones a few months back we had them ones where the sky turns an ugly ass green tornado sirens blasting hail.....was pretty sweet

·
My bike won't turn?!!??
216 Posts
Stormed almost everyday last week. One day RDU airport recorded 2.38 (or 2.83) inches in a little less than an hour.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
It's been raining for about two days straight here. Getting the tail end of hurricane passing through the Pacific. Over night some place's got 8in of rain. It's not supposed to stop raining until tonight sometime

·
Registered
268 Posts
Storms are fun to watch from the ground, but nothing beats seeing one in the distance from an airplane. Especially if it's daytime and you can see the height of the cloud, the lightning streaking all over the place... amazing stuff.

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
i live in the lightning capitol of the world, St.Petersburg Florida. the light shows here are incredible. people form all around the world come here to take photos of the lightning. we have been getting hit with some fierce storm activity all this week. it really has gotten to alot of riders around here. just cant seem to get a decent day to ride i have been causght in two on the bike this week alone.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Rascus said:
It's been raining for about two days straight here. Getting the tail end of hurricane passing through the Pacific. Over night some place's got 8in of rain. It's not supposed to stop raining until tonight sometime

We had some awesome lightning over the Molikai channel last night and it rarely does that here. it starts fireworks shit ya know you are going to get royally dumped on.... my roof leaks really bad and I was up eith the shop vac all night.... I got a solid 3 inches of water in the hallway bathroom..
And my house is on the mountain with a catch ditch to stop wated coming off the mountain flooding the house well it made it over the top of the wall at 3am and filled my back yard to with in an inch of making it ovet the sliding door threshold..... second time in 25 years its gotten that close to the back door....

·
Changed bikes again
30 Posts
Well some damage at one site. Not much. Saw on the news that Columbia County had severe hail. Showed one home where the vinyl siding was cracked from the hail and all the windows on the back side of the home were broke.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
there is nothing better then having sex in a thunderstorm.. Wether your doing "it" out side in it (which is the best) or in a sheltered area....

damn, a HUGE thunderstorm here today, and I didn't get any.. WTH?! :D

·
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
japbike said:
there is nothing better then having sex in a thunderstorm.. Wether your doing "it" out side in it (which is the best) or in a sheltered area....

damn, a HUGE thunderstorm here today, and I didn't get any.. WTH?! :D

your right that is the best..im not sure why....and dont feel bad we have had 2 in the past 2 nights and i didnt get any :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts