Sport Bikes banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, twice now I've tried purchasing helmets from Competition Accessories (www.CompAcc.com). Both times I've gotten frustrated with the shipping runaround and ended up canceling the orders and going elsewhere.

Looking at their nice print catalog and website, one is lead to believe that they have the helmets they advertise and ready to ship in short order; this is not the case. Both times I received a runaround after placing the order and was unable to get a firm shipdate, getting a line about "backorder" both times. Funny that their website never mentioned the items weren't in stock.

My most recent experience was just last week, I ordered two Shoei RF1000s from them and ended up cancelling when I could not get a shipdate out of them. I reordered with HelmetCity.com, who actually had them in-stock and shipped them the next day, via free 2-day UPS.

·
Registered
235 Posts
That sucks...I was just thinking of ordering the RF 1000 Nerve for $300 from them

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wickgixxer said:
That sucks...I was just thinking of ordering the RF 1000 Nerve for $300 from them
Well, since they are advertising that particular model on clearance, I suppose they might actually have it... or if you aren't in a huge hurry and don't mind potentially waiting a while, that is a good deal for an RF1000.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts