Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Religous Historian
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I guess im ready to be called stupid for what I did, so heres the story.
Friday after work, I was lubing my chain with the engine running because I was in a hurry. The rag I was using to lube it with got caught which jerked my thumb into the rear sprocket. I know this was something very dumb to do so please don't flame me to bad. I was just hoping that if I told my story maybe I could save somebody else from repeating my mistake. heres the pictures you guys have been asking for.

these were taken yesterday, when I went in for a check up.

·
Squid Poacher
1,831 Posts
ouch. sorry hear about your bad luck bro.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I just threw up all over my moniter.....ehhhhh.....

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Someone guessed that! But this whole thumb thing is a bit attention whoreish.

·
Religous Historian
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes I agree it is getting a little whorish this is my final thread about the thumb, I just got the pictures and everybody had wanted to see it so I posted.

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
life lesson learned....but people still do it, so don't go thinking your incident will stop anyone else from doing it (well maybe 1 or 2 people).....common sense just isn't in everyones vocabulary.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts

·
Banned
3,836 Posts
There is another post on here from a while back of a guy that did the same thing. Wow. At least you have another thumb.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Hey look at the bright side. You can lube your chain with the engine running and not have to worry about taking your thumb off! :banana

edit: I'm a glass half full type guy :D

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Hey look at the bright side. You can lube your chain with the engine running and not have to worry about taking your thumb off! :banana

edit: I'm a glass half full type guy :D

Especially when patronizing the Court Street Brewery or tha Martini bar...:cheers

·
Religous Historian
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im a glass half full kind of guy to. heres things that I can now do.

I can now do fractions on my hand since I now have 1/2 a finger.
The magic trick where you pull the tip of your thumb off will be hilarious.
dont have to worry about it getting caught in the chain again.
No longer have to clip that nail.
now when I wear gloves ill always be giving people a thumbs up.
great conversation starter.
I am no longer capable of being drafted.

·
Swollen Member
4,967 Posts
Im a glass half full kind of guy to. heres things that I can now do.

I can now do fractions on my hand since I now have 1/2 a finger.
The magic trick where you pull the tip of your thumb off will be hilarious.
dont have to worry about it getting caught in the chain again.
No longer have to clip that nail.
now when I wear gloves ill always be giving people a thumbs up.
great conversation starter.
I am no longer capable of being drafted.
:lao:eek:nfloor

·
Another day lived!
2,288 Posts
One of the biggest things I've learned being a professional mechanic is not to get in a hurry when working on stuff and cutting corners that compromise safety. I've seen my fair share of accidents over the years and it's seems that probably 90% could have easily been avoided if the person would have just slowed down and/or paid better attention. This stuff happens and thanks for sharing, I'm sure this will keep someone from lubing the chain like that.

·
Surf 'till it hurts!
793 Posts
omg thats gross

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Thats not so bad, soak it in the epsom salt and it will heal nicely.

but I did have to laugh, I admit it.

I kept the tip of my first finger I cut off in a little plastic to go cup. so people would come to the house be shaking it around asking what it was, I would tell em and they would freak out, was to funny.

·
Religous Historian
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The nurses and my parents wouldn't let me keep mine. When they asked why I wanted it, I said I spent 17 years with it, I'm emotionally attached to it, HELL I used to be physically attached to it!

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Well thats just bullshit, its your finger damn it.
Have you dont what I told you yet or are you gonna settle for a big lump of scar tissue?

1 - 20 of 90 Posts