Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok....i had a gas leak in my carbs...so i removed my carbs from the bike with my throttle cables still attached. I did it this way because i only needed to acess the float bowls. Once it was detatched i fliped the carbs over as i have done a billion times with this bike. After replacing some o-rings on my vavle seats i hooked everything back up and started my bike. I twisted the throttle and it wont snap back....i played with it a little and it will close very slowly if any at all. I did not mess with the cables and this is the first time its happened.I checked the cables routing and i cant find any pinches or binding at all on cable. I cant see why it would be a lubing problem either.I pulled gastank and checked my throttle linkage on the actual carbs. I pulled throttle by hand on the carbs and noticed that the part where cables are attached on the carb it self has absolutly no closing power.....i dont know what spring controls the closing of the carb once opened. if its the actual throttle on the handle bars or some spring on the carbs them self

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
not certain about the specifics of your model, but you should have throttle retuning springs on the carbs themselves.

does your bike have a two cable set up?

cause those can have lighter springs than a singe cable set up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well i figured out that its messed up from the throttle end. I adjested them last night and it was roating back nornal but now its like the bike is getting a constant flow of gas and its rpms are always high like the carbs arnt closing....sigh. I adjust it to low and throttle wont return.....im losing it.

Yeah its a 2 cable set up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts