Sport Bikes banner

521 - 527 of 527 Posts

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
I've been digging through the forums and was wondering what the date was for the bikes with TPS issues.

thanks--jay
It goes by serial number. I think it involved all 04s and some 05 models.

·
Registered
285 Posts
is there a particular way of finding out which 05's are in effect?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Km's went up after TBS Cleaning

Hey guys. I took my tbs out to clean it. To get to it I had to disconnect the the wire clips in front of it. After I installed the tbs back, the km reading when up by about 10,000 km. It was reading about 6000km before i cleaned the tbs, after the installed it back in, the odometer reading went up to 16000km. Do you guys know how to put it back? Or what did I do wrong?

·
I dunno
3,784 Posts
Ducati would be a good place to start

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings folks, just bought FZ6 2006 with 925 miles and it can't handle rpm's on idle, stall on every traffic light - nightmare!
Is there any chance I can replace TPS by official recall?
I've printed "Recall Incomplete" record for my bike from vinlookup.com maybe it would help...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just bought an 06 model fz6 with just under 4300 miles, only issue it has is a rough idle. Runs perfect everywhere else in the rpm range, no hesitation no stall no lag. Read alot on the TPS threads n I'm thinking this may be my problem, did the diagnosis and was at 16 closed throttle and 97 wide open. In spec but also read that it could still be the TPS..bike hasnt been ridden much in the past year by PO, maybe 50 miles and I have just run 1 tank of gas through it..hoping some fuel injection cleaner in the next tank could help, had 1/4 tank in it when purchased and I toped off to ride it home. Could have just put new gad on top of bad gas..

521 - 527 of 527 Posts