Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody installed a cruise control, of any kind, on a yamaha fz6? I have seen controls made from plastic and/or metal advertised but I would like some info. on already installed and being used controls before I spend my stimulus money on a product.
Thanks

·
Show them to me...
5,983 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
ive got throttle miesters(sp?) on my 05zzr600 and i love them. they add more weight to the barends so that is a all the time help with vib. and then the twistand lock setting and your now free to go hands off. I havent gotten to use it on a long ride but with some "tests" i have done with my unit its great even if you can only hold that speed for a mile.

·
Palm City Nice Guy
2,503 Posts
Has anyone ever had a bad experience from a device attached to their throttle?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Has anyone ever had a bad experience from a device attached to their throttle?
not like a wreck or anything but when i had the cramp buster thinggy i had 2 things happen with it. #1 i ended up trimming it off about 1/4-1/2 inch so it wouldnt hit my tank when turning to full right.... just rubbing the paint. #2 was turning and ended up givving it gas .... kinda like the thumb throttle of 3 wheelers and quads.... i hate that type.

·
Palm City Nice Guy
2,503 Posts
last thing I want is something interfering with my throttle hauling ass someplace, cool for a GoldWing and Harley I guess.

·
Registered
306 Posts
last thing I want is something interfering with my throttle hauling ass someplace, cool for a GoldWing and Harley I guess.
i agree, i figured that i would "use" the lock when out on the road for a distance.... to the gap or something like that not for local streets. plus I was replacing my chewed up stock bar end and only paid 75$ for them from a local zx9 owner.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Kaoko is a better unit than the throttlemeister
they are both the same basic idea but the kaoko has that notched "nut" that looks like it would be very eazy to grab. where the T.M. is a smooth barend that you twist to lock. I havent had a issue with grip on mine yet but i dont wear winter glove around here. I think the T.M. is a hair cheaper but not really sure on that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts