Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike: 1995 CBR 600F3.

I was getting ready to leave work today, while I was putting my helmet on I was letting the bike warm up. It runs a little rough when it first starts (needs a tune up) so I reached over to give it just enough gas to keep the rpms above 1K.

As soon as I put positive tension on the grip, the cable just popped. I have two cables running to the throttle (front and back). I unscrewed the one in front and the cable inside seemed to be loose as hell. I just put things back together and caught a ride home.

I get home tonight and I start looking up parts and I think I have a pretty good idea of what I need...but now I'm not so sure.

Heres what I found on amazon Linky. What parts do I needs? Is it one cable or two?

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
Go look on BikeBandit.com. They have microfiche online that should make it clear which cable you need. It's usually the positive cable (the one that opens the throttle), but it's not a bad idea to replace both at the same time.

KeS

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the heads up man! I'll have a look over there. And, now that I know there are two cables, will replace both. I'm going to do a tune up while I'm at it. Maybe I'll pickup an mpg or two.

I guess there is a "push" and "pull" cable. Those are the two that I need.

·
Registered
67 Posts
For what its worth i get all my oem parts from bikebandit. Have always had decent luck and good shipping. If you add your bike to your profile its make it easy to find what you need.

May want to think about a clutch cable if that hasn't been done?

Also when changing out the cables it helps to do one at a time and tape the new to the old and pull it through using the old cable to feed the new one . ensures it is routed correctly and you put the right one to the right spot.

Hope this helps.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks REast. I don't have any issues with where or what I buy. But good call on fishing the new cables.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts