Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hawker and I went up to Three Lakes, WI over the fourth. Attached is a link to our photo album.

http://webpages.charter.net/hawker01/ThreeLakes2005/

We left Friday afternoon and returned Monday night. We logged 700ish miles over the weekend and had a great time. The roads were ok, there were some that could have rocked if they weren't covered in gravel and sand. On the way home we took hwy 32 to hwy 55 and followed the Wolf River-that was really cool. Anyway, just thought I'd share.

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
An ex of mine lives in Three Lakes. If you made your way over to the Black Forest restaurant/bar, you probably saw her.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Very nice

Great Pictures...

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VTEC_EATER said:
An ex of mine lives in Three Lakes. If you made your way over to the Black Forest restaurant/bar, you probably saw her.
Well next time we go, I'll ask every waitress:
"Are you VTEC_EATER's Ex??" :eek:nfloor
Just kidding. I've never been there before, but the Black Forest does put on one heck of a fish fry!!!! :lao

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Hmmm... do you recommend the cabins? Because that sounds like a great date idea!

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
blndebmbr said:
I'll ask every waitress:
No, no, no. You wont find her serving food. She will be at the bar drinking $1.25 beers.

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
VTEC_EATER said:
No, no, no. You wont find her serving food. She will be at the bar drinking $1.25 beers.
HAHAHAHA!!!!
That could have been embarrassing!!!! :lao
Sounds like you lost a real winner there.....Anyway we didn't pay attention to the patrons.

Jaime,
Yes the cabins are great. They are old so they have like a 1970's decor but they were exactly what we needed for the weekend. The place we stayed at was called Maple Shores. BUT I don't think this is a date thing, this is a go away to be together thing. I mean, there is no way I would drive four hours for a date :rolleyes , but that's just me. We are talking about renting the cabin again and taking the kids up. For $80/night (four people) you can't go wrong.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
VTEC_EATER said:
:urowned :eek:nfloor

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Nice pics Tammi. Looks like you and Mike had a good time.

BTW, here's a couple of pics of how I spent my July 4th week...

Attachments

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That looks like a damn good time!!!!

You know, Mike and I have dirtbikes and a trailer....we could easily be coerced into going to Michigan for some dirtbiking!!! :)

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
blndebmbr said:
That looks like a damn good time!!!!

You know, Mike and I have dirtbikes and a trailer....we could easily be coerced into going to Michigan for some dirtbiking!!! :)
Hmmm, let me have a talk with my bro to see if he has any rides planned in the future. I know he's dying to play with his new toy...

Attachments

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WOW!!!

We only have the little ones, but hey, I'm game!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
blndebmbr said:
WOW!!!

We only have the little ones, but hey, I'm game!!!!
You guys might have some trouble with the b***** hills, but you guys will tear everyone up on the tight wooded trails!

After all the problems I had keeping my two-stroke running last week, I'm seriously looking into making the switch to a four-stroke. Spending more time working on your bike than riding it gets old after awhile.

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hmmm....I don't think I'll ever feel like changing to the four stroke-I'd miss the power of the two stroke too much!!!! Then again, I have really lucked out with my bike...she has been a dream. Although talk has been going on to get a new 85cc this year.... :)

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
blndebmbr said:
hmmm....I don't think I'll ever feel like changing to the four stroke-I'd miss the power of the two stroke too much!!!!
I was saying this too, up until last week when I fouled out 7 plugs in 4 days!

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jetting ok? I know mine is pretty particular with the jetting. Cold weather I run a 300 (main) jet and then for the summer it's 290, just for reference. I'd check that out before chucking it for a four stroke!!!! This past winter we put a 310 in her and she kept fouling out. Replaced it with the 300 and all has been fine ever since. Either that or you could try a hotter plug, sometimes that will work too, but be careful it's not too hot...you'll damage your piston.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
blndebmbr said:
Jetting ok? I know mine is pretty particular with the jetting. Cold weather I run a 300 (main) jet and then for the summer it's 290, just for reference. I'd check that out before chucking it for a four stroke!!!! This past winter we put a 310 in her and she kept fouling out. Replaced it with the 300 and all has been fine ever since. Either that or you could try a hotter plug, sometimes that will work too, but be careful it's not too hot...you'll damage your piston.
I don't think it's a jetting problem as much as it was the way it was being ridden. When we rode in areas where I could run the bike wide open, I never had a problem. Now when we rode the tighter trails for long periods of time, the plug would foul. And I actually did switch to a hotter plug in hopes of getting away from fouling it out. It did in fact help, but eventually the plug would foul out anyways.

As much as a pain as this has all been, this isn't the only reason I'm looking into a four stroke. I'd also got tired of burning fuel twice as fast as everyone else and having to cause the entire group to head back to the campground so I could re-fuel. :(

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, the price of power!!! :)

If the hotter plug helped, I'd try a different jet, it will probably fix the problem, or you could lean out your fuel mixture....
PITA or not, I love my 2-strokes!!! :)

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
blndebmbr said:
Yes, the price of power!!! :)

If the hotter plug helped, I'd try a different jet, it will probably fix the problem, or you could lean out your fuel mixture....
PITA or not, I love my 2-strokes!!! :)
I'm going to go check out a KTM today so if the power feels anything near as strong as my RM, I may be making the switch. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts