Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well fellow riders I be down three times this year and I not trying to push my luck. So I will be off my bike until next year. Well she not ridable anyway.

The first was in March broke my wrist. Plastic bag got under the front tire at about 5 mph.

Second was June 15th, plug the front tire and it went flat at about 30 mph.
(didn't wear my jacket, yes rode rash hurts like hell)

Third was June 20th, replace the front tire and didn't set the bead correct and it blow out this time doing 75 mph. (had the jacket on, which leather do its job, but re-opened the road rash on the knee).

But anyway I still be reading the post on here and will put my input when I can.

Be safe out there.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yikes!! good idea in not pushing your luck......

·
Registered
97 Posts
Man sorry to hear that shitty news. Something tells me that you should get rid of that thing all together sounds like the bad news bike :) .

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
that bike must be cursed!!! if i were you i would just get rid of that and get a new one. sorry to hear about your shitty luck man, i hope your future luck is alot better

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Better luck next year , may be a good thing to sit out for a little bit . If your telling yourself to do it , it probably the right thing

·
Registered
214 Posts
You need to be more carefull with your tires man. I think it is a wise decision that you stop riding for a while. If and when you start again, have someone do your bike work that knows what they're doing.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Yea real cool no one says the bike was to large or he was a squid. Nice to see how things change in different situations. I'm glad you'r not hurt

·
Registered
40 Posts
Get off wheels man, sounds like you just can't get it right. Don't you know not to plug a bike tire. Be careful man! we don't need a man dead!!!!

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Ouch.

1. Don't do your own tires unless you have the training/equipment to do so, IMO.
2. Don't plug tires, replace them ASAP.

Good luck, hopefully you have a change of heart and get back on your horse this season!

·
Registered
318 Posts
jim schmidt said:
1st accident, all rider error.
2nd accident, all owner error.
3rd accident, huh?

Some people just aren't meant to ride, dude. It's not for everybody.
Some people just aren't meant to work on motorcycles!

First wreck, hey, stuff like that happens.
Second wreck, those plugs are for an old work truck, not a motorcycle. Be glad you were only going 30 mph, not 60 through a corner in the mountains...
Third wreck, do it yourself tire mounting should be reserved for your kid's bicycle.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
How did you not set the bead? I was always under the impression that it's either on or off. And if it's off it won't even hold air.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
jim schmidt said:
1st accident, all rider error.
2nd accident, all owner error.
3rd accident, huh?

Some people just aren't meant to ride, dude. It's not for everybody.
you bro that's a little harsh.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
glad you are alright for the most part, hope things go better next year.

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
Man, that's some bad luck. Maybe starting on a 750 wasn't the smartest thing in the world, but it sounds like you've got a totally different bunch of problems.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Hmmmmm I typed out a response but realized it wasn't very nice and was just restating what's already been stated.... carry on.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts