Sport Bikes banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been getting an itch for something new and had been thinking about trading my SV in on a Duc 749, but have had some second thoughts if I really want to live with the riding position that come along with it. I'd love to stick with a twin, but don't want to jump all the way to a full-fat superbike like a RC51 or Mille, but have started thinking about a Falco as another option. I've read the various old reviews of the bike I've found and scoped things out on the Aprilia Forum, but I want to see what people around here had to say on the subject. Keep things fair and balanced and all that :)

So, anybody have some wisdom to share?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'd love to stick with a twin, but don't want to jump all the way to a full-fat superbike like a RC51 or Mille
You got a 2008 SV650s. Why do you want to trade already? You sure you ready to trade? Also, was this your first bike? Second, I thought RC51 is a Vtwin? If so, FAIL!! :bitchslap

·
Future Statistic
690 Posts
Hes saying he wants to stay with a twin, but not one of the really powerful twins - no fail... sounds right to me...

Why move to a new bike when yours is barely broken in? i admit i have the "want more, want now, want new" syndrome just as much as the next guy - but even i know when i should take my time - and motorcycles arent a great place to be trying new things all the time... if ur not ready for em...

dont know much about the falco - but if i wanted a newer twin - an RC51's def. top of the list (that i can afford.... otherwise... 1098S)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This might have started when I was on the road too much and not riding enough and doing lots of window shopping online. I'm not set on moving on and definitely don't have any delusions being a master rider that the SV isn't good enough for or any nonsense like that.

As for the RC51, I mentioned it specifically because it is a big twin. Just because 1000cc fours are allowed in superbike racing now doesn't mean the 1000cc twins aren't still superbikes!

·
On a Ride
390 Posts
Could be an option. Have a riding friend with one. A sweet looking and sounding bike with plenty of performance. Go over any Falco you're considering thoroughly... my friend has had some reliability problems with it.

·
Duc hunter
1,269 Posts
The Falco is a great bike. I had one for two years, and regret selling it. It had to go to afford the RC51 though.

Sweet bikes with an awesome engine and stellar chassis. The previous owner of mine had tossed some money at the suspension, though, so I just had to tweak it to fit me. I never had reliability problems on that bike besides things I broke myself. But hey, that's called learning. Check out the Aprilia Forums and you'll learn all you wanna know about these bikes and more.

Lemme see if I can dig up a pic of my old one...

Ok, clicky for b***** versions.

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
I bought a new SV and sold it a year later as well. So what? It had 10k miles on it. :D

A guy I used to work with had a falco. He loved it. His was all bling bling with akra pipes, ohlins, etc... Really nice bike.

·
BIRDMAN
2,559 Posts
I love mine to bits. You'll almost never run across another one if you own one.
In 32k miles I've never had a problem on mine and know of some with over 60k miles and still going.
Weak points are the OE shock...it's rubbish and should be replaced, clutch slaves are also prone to leaks (replace with aftermarket fixes this).
A really great machine if you can find a good one.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
not sure if this is what your looking for but check out the ktm superduke and duc hpermoto, handling of a 600 with more power than the sv, its a heavy supermoto

1 - 16 of 16 Posts