Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Forever the Man
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were awakened at 1:30 AM today by a sheriff's deputy (we were asleep and didn't hear our cell phones going off) with a message to call my wife's daughter. We left for St. John's Mercy Hospital ICU in Springfield, MO at 4:30 AM.

My wife's son had been shot in the head by his father (her ex). When we arrived he was brain dead and on life support. There was nothing the medical staff could do. Life support was withdrawn early this afternoon and he passed in 17 minutes. My wife watched her son die.

To say she is devastated is an understatement. Please send healing thoughts, prayers, energies to my wife on this very trying (understatement) day.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
that's some properly fucked up shit man. cannot imagine. :(

Reactions: kirkeb

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'm hopeful that you'll be able to come to peace with the situation in due time.

Until then the pain must seem unbearable, and you have our thoughts as you get through this trying time.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
So sorry. My thoughts and prayers are being sent your way.

·
Forever the Man
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
What a terrible fucking thing to happen. My condolences to you, your wife, and your families. Stay strong for her, she's going to need it.

·
AKA Mark S.
5,987 Posts
OMG!!!
Prayers for you and your wife.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
For I know the thoughts I think toward you, says God, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you hope in your latter end. Jer. 29:11

·
You are here
3,535 Posts
Just lost my sister last week, brain dead on life support for a couple days. Her husband allowed organ donation, and even in death she saved a couple lives.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
My heartfelt condolences to you and your family during this tragic time.

·
Are we not men?
9,017 Posts
Godspeed, Howard Jr. My thoughts will be with you.

Howard Sr sounds like a real piece of work.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts