Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I'm a lead farmer MF'r!
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some pics of my two older favorite bikes I had. Reasons for not having anymore are as follows as well as mods performed. May not show in pictures.

Bike #1.) 1997 Suzuki TL1000S - Full Yoshimura RS3 race exhaust, Power Comander, Flapper valve removed, BMC air filter, LP DB windscreen, Targa lower fairing, Goodridge SS braided lines. 121HP, 78 ft-lbs of torque "Had for 1 yr"

Reason. Never let your freinds ride your bikes. A roomate I used to ride with borrowed my bike to go to a b-day party of his little brother. On his way back, a drukin bum stmble/ran out into the street. He was hit doing 45mph (according to State Trooper) He hit the brakes just as he hit the bum, the bike went over high siding rider and doing a cartwheel into a mailbox on Kathleen Rd.

Bike #2.) 1999 Yamaha YZF-R1 - Full M4 exhaust carbon can, jetted to exhaust, BMC filter, Gutted airbox to improve flow, Goodridge SS lines. 149HP 74ft-lbs of torque "Had for 2 years."

Reason - Financial due to divorce.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Out on Kathleen huh? I don't think I would like riding out there, I never liked driving there in a car, too fucking dark and too unfamiliar. That sucks about the TLS and the R1 as well. At least you got a new bike so it's all good in the end.

·
I'm a lead farmer MF'r!
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I've had bikes since then, but it tok me a while to get back into shape after the divorce. I've had a 03 ZX-9R and now my 05 R1 and my current wife's hog 883C Sportster. We're having a lot of fun riding now. My dad rides now with his Hog and of course ZX-Ron and I try to tear up the twisties whenever we can. 'Eh Ron?

·
I'm a lead farmer MF'r!
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, I had her set up pretty nice.

·
I'm a lead farmer MF'r!
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More pics

Bike #3.) 2003 ZX-9R - Full Akrapovic exhaust, jetted to exhaust, BMC race filter, Goodridge SS lines, Votex rearsets, Shimmed rear suspension 5.5mm.

Reason - Bought 2005 R1. Yeah Baby!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Sniper.308 said:
Well, I've had bikes since then, but it tok me a while to get back into shape after the divorce. I've had a 03 ZX-9R and now my 05 R1 and my current wife's hog 883C Sportster. We're having a lot of fun riding now. My dad rides now with his Hog and of course ZX-Ron and I try to tear up the twisties whenever we can. 'Eh Ron?
Yeah, the ol' 11 and I do our best at giving the twisties a go. Just sucks to contantly have your footpegs sparkling on the ground upping the oh-crap factor. I personally don't miss the TL ... that loud thumping exhaust which seems perfectlly aimed to hit me square in the face when I'm behind it ... and now the new R1 is making me live it all over again. Both are/were cool bikes though. :dblthumb

BTW, where's the pics of the FZR? Can't believe you forgot that one!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
ZXRon said:
Yeah, the ol' 11 and I do our best at giving the twisties a go. Just sucks to contantly have your footpegs sparkling on the ground upping the oh-crap factor. I personally don't miss the TL ... that loud thumping exhaust which seems perfectlly aimed to hit me square in the face when I'm behind it ... and now the new R1 is making me live it all over again. Both are/were cool bikes though. :dblthumb

BTW, where's the pics of the FZR? Can't believe you forgot that one!
Must of been riding behind that TL quit often!

·
I'm a lead farmer MF'r!
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't have not 1 one pic of the old FZR. I wish I could atleast find one like it. Now the Tiller was a bad ass ride. If you were behind me, at idle you could feel that thing pounding at and in your chest. Boom boom boom boom. If you got on the throttle hard you could hear it atleast a couple of miles away. I loved that bike. It had character. the handling was butt hole puckering for sure. (A little twitchy she was!) Personally I think ZX-Ron liked to be behind it, he likes the fumes......... :fiddy From the bike not me. The R1 is just not as loud as the TL was, but it's a far cry better in the handling dept as well as power. They are both purdy though...... :80500

·
Registered
863 Posts
Yeah, gotta love the smell of racing fuel and exhaust. As for being behind all the time ... it's safer back there ... you see, ol' sniper has this thing about trying to keep the same front tire on his bike for the life of the bike by never allowing it to actually touch the ground. So, with him out front, he can wheelie to his heart's content and I don't have to keep staring in the mirror to make sure I don't get in the way of a one wheel fly-by.

·
I'm a lead farmer MF'r!
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ZXRon said:
Yeah, gotta love the smell of racing fuel and exhaust. As for being behind all the time ... it's safer back there ... you see, ol' sniper has this thing about trying to keep the same front tire on his bike for the life of the bike by never allowing it to actually touch the ground. So, with him out front, he can wheelie to his heart's content and I don't have to keep staring in the mirror to make sure I don't get in the way of a one wheel fly-by.
LOL, you should never drink and read posts cause you never know what someone is going write. I spit Corona all over my screen. Thanks Ron. I guess I found that so hillarious(sp) cause it's true as hell. I always thought you were staring at my fat @$$...... :cheers :lao :beer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts