Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Inshaalha! Mishaalha! Habiba-Dieli! Zweena-Dieli!
It never ceases to amaze me the lengths people will go in the name of religion.

"What is it about these cartoons that have outraged people in the Arab world, and in Gaza in particular?
First of all, it is against Islam to portray the Prophet Muhammad, or any pictures of what God might look like. Likewise, it is against their religion to portray any other prophet, including Jesus or Moses, because they also revere those religious figures as well."

So let's burn, beat and destroy stuff... Death to the Great Satan, the evil Danes!?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10705393/
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11179140/site/newsweek/

·
Banned
1,587 Posts
The frustration and cultural conflict is nothing new to the Danes. I've been telling you to watch the movie Dogville for a while now. It's a good foundation for understanding the current dialogue.

To quote Nicole Kidman,

"Some things you just gotta do yourself."

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, you never quoted Kidman to me before! :lol

I think I have a personal grasp on the current dialogue. The arabic I know comes from total immersion, face first. :D

·
Nurse Nymphette
7,289 Posts
Although this is going to categorically lump the arabs into yet another stereotype...nothing surprises me. Religious zealots, especially ones who are being fed BS on a daily basis by leadership who are trying to rouse discourse and feelings of religious persecution as well as the holier-than-thou attitude(theirs is the only true religion isn't it?), will jump at any chance to continue and extol their holy war.

·
Shitbike
9,822 Posts
AnKleBiTer said:
Although this is going to categorically lump the arabs into yet another stereotype...nothing surprises me. Religious zealots, especially ones who are being fed BS on a daily basis by leadership who are trying to rouse discourse and feelings of religious persecution as well as the holier-than-thou attitude(theirs is the only true religion isn't it?), will jump at any chance to continue and extol their holy war.
This can be applied to any religion, not just Islam.

·
Nurse Nymphette
7,289 Posts
bush said:
This can be applied to any religion, not just Islam.
So true that is why I said was lumping and stereotyping. :D

·
Shitbike
9,822 Posts
AnKleBiTer said:
So true that is why I said was lumping and stereotyping. :D
I'm starting to view the whole war situation as more of a holy war between Islamic extremists and born-again Christians.

Not that I can back up that point of view with any substantial facts, but once I start thinking of GW Bush vs. Bin Laden, it makes a little more sense.

·
Nurse Nymphette
7,289 Posts
bush said:
I'm starting to view the whole war situation as more of a holy war between Islamic extremists and born-again Christians.

Not that I can back up that point of view with any substantial facts, but once I start thinking of GW Bush vs. Bin Laden, it makes a little more sense.
Now that is a truly scary thought. Thanks I may have nightmares tonight!! :eek:nfloor

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
bzbatl said:
Well, naked ducks are just filth. Every duck pond I go to they all wear Armani.
FUCK YEAH!

Thats funny!

I still say kill the dumb fuckers...........if you cant play nicely you need to be removed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts