Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
I'm out for this weekend. My wife works Saturday, and Sunday heading down to watch some racing in Ohio with the wife and sons.

If anyone wants to follow along for a 3 1/2 hr. freeway ride, you are welcome. It is at Nelson Bridges (I think) over in Warren, Ohio. I am meeting up with some guys from WOS (Wide Open Sportbikes) and following them out. Some of their members are racing.

·
Registered
706 Posts
MilleArp said:
I think Sunday I'll ride up to the NorthBranch/ Clifford area to visit my co-worker riding his dirt bike... he has beer!
:banana
That sounds like fun. A dirtbike is one day on my christmas list. Gotta move out of this freakin apartment first. :dunno

·
Registered
345 Posts
first dirtbike ride

Had my first real dirtbike ride over the 4th o' July this year, in TN. Was an old 175 2-stroke prolly about 30 yrs old. It badly needed a chain adjustment, and had a loose spark arrestor that clanked pretty loudly when running.
BUT... after ten or so miles, really started to figure it out. Only rode like 25 miles.
Had I wore more gear (was way too hot!) I think I would've pushed harder. Had fun!
:headbang

If I wasn't being so unrelentingly anally raped (w/o lube!) with child support, I'd have a spanky new 250 in the garage and full gear!
:angry

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
id go with one of the new 4 strokes if you plan on getting a new or newer dirt bike. they are a easyer bike to ride fast on they are now within a few pounds of the 250(450 4stroke) and 125(250 4 stroke) class bikes. they make crap loads more toruqe than the 2 stroke does, and they get better gas mileage doing it hehe. the last part there becomes very important if you plan on riding the huge amount of trails we are blessed with here im michigan, due to the average loop trail is longer than a 250 2 stroke can make on the stock tank. were as a 450 4 stroke can make that same loop easy on a stock tank. also you dont have to deal with getting your oil gas mixture spot on every time, nope with a 4 stroke you just pour in the premium and keep on going. this also helps on some of the longer loops where there are gas stations half way around, then you just pull in and gas up on the 4 stroke, where on the 2 stroke you have to bring along a small amount of the oil you use to mix with your gas and then you are realy guessing how much oil to add to how much gas you can put into your tank.

also i just happend to have a nice yz426f 2001 for sale, you ask well if they are so good then why am i selling it, well i bought a lighter better suspended crf450 03 thats why, and if i sell the yz then we will put in a new furnace i think this year or next with that cash.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ohh i forgot here is a few more details on the ride

we are meeting at the wayland shell gas station/ big boy at 12 noon on sunday.
give me a call if you need better directions
home
269 544 1350

·
Registered
345 Posts
One of the reasons I've stayed away from dirtbikes, well two, actually, is age (over 40) and already had a few broken bones. Okay, I have the third reason, already listed above.

Pretty dumb choo-choo of thought, considering I go to Track Dayz every year at Gingerman (just graddiated to Advanced Class!) and go to the Smokey's every year and put my carcas on the line at the Dragon...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
woooooooo hooooooooo ahh yes one realy nice ride you all missed. man was it a great day out there riding, got in a decent amount of twisy's with as few straight section of road as i could find, but unfortuantly there are alot of those in mich.

still :banana :banana :banana :fiddy :banana

today was a good day

·
Registered
706 Posts
GODZUKI 1100 said:
woooooooo hooooooooo ahh yes one realy nice ride you all missed. man was it a great day out there riding
Good to hear. We saw the sun at sunrise here in MI, but as we got closer to Cleveland, it was clouds, chills, and misty rain for the early afternoon. Even when it was dry, the sun never came out. Great racing though. :phatyo

·
Registered
345 Posts
I had a good ride up to the Marlette area, mid-thumb-ish, east of Clifford.
Went to Freelin MX dirt track (http://freelinmx.com/) to visit my co-worker.
Was pretty kewel. Spent a couple hrs there, watching them rip over hills and do jumps.
It was a lot like a track day, exccept for dirt bikes. Bit more casual, tho.

If you've never been to check one out, it's kinda fun.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yep i do it all the time at the club im a member of the Battle creek motocross club, every day but a race day is like that for members. we have been thinking of haveing an open practice, but as it stands right now, the only time a non member can ride the track is during a race, or if a member brings them in with them. ive brought in a few people on and off, that havent ever been on a motocross track before. ours has some good sized jumps but im not up to that level yet hehe, ive recently grown to liking living and not dieing hehe. i dont think ill be riding much this comming weekend as my parents are comming in to visit, so i wont beable to hook with you guys over on the east side yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts