1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Triumph Daytona 650
More cubes equal more real-road fun for Hinckley’s sporting middleweight
By Mark Gardiner , Alan Cathcart , Roland Brown

It seems strict adherence to displacement in the 600 class has become a touch passé of late. In 2003, Kawasaki built street riders a 636cc version of its ZX-6R . For ’05, Triumph has followed suit, blessing its latest sporting middleweight with the magical displacement of the Meriden factory’s venerable ’60s-era Bonneville—650cc. The result is something to hoist a pint about, where stoplight-to-stoplight street riding is concerned.

Triumph boosted the Daytona’s displacement the old-fashioned way—by stroking the engine. Stroke—the distance each piston moves from top dead center to bottom dead center—was increased 3.1mm for a total volume of 646cc. Triumph claims the added size allows the 16-valve, DOHC inline-four to make a claimed 112 horsepower and 51 pound-feet of torque. Those peak figures are only slightly different from the previous mill’s, but the new motor’s midrange is much stronger.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Daymn thats pretty good
But Why not make a 700 and stroke that to make a 75x ????
I gues this engine is already made so cheaper for production I guess.

·
I rock
1,664 Posts
I heard today from a REAL source..that Zuki is coming with a 1600cc Busa in November....no pics yet....

·
Registered
358 Posts
ALF/USA said:
I heard today from a REAL source..that Zuki is coming with a 1600cc Busa in November....no pics yet....
Prolly gonna be $16,000 to match the displacement.. :rolleyes

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your in for what?

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He's gonna buy one?

·
Female Butt Lover!!
3,640 Posts
Of course! :neener As soon as Chiny pays me...:lao

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She is indebted to you????

LMAO

·
Female Butt Lover!!
3,640 Posts
I'll let her explain her indebtedness! :lao

·
Ducatista
1,812 Posts
Juggalo said:
Daymn thats pretty good
But Why not make a 700 and stroke that to make a 75x ????
I gues this engine is already made so cheaper for production I guess.

The issue is much like Honda and the 954, it cheaper to bore the engine once over then to have to reengineer a new cylinder heads and pistons. The 954 is once over from the 929.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
You are on persistent brotha, me likey! :lao

·
wuka man
849 Posts
ooooo i'm telling, Chiny :lol

Those numbers are nice considering my stock 750 puts out like 120hp/55lbs of torque. I am sure with an exhaust and a few other other mods that that bike will be kicking ass. Too bad triumps suck :lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts