·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Yeah I decided it was ugly, and then we locked the thread because I had stated my opinion and as we know that is the final word.

·
Thread Killer
255 Posts
I think that bike is very interesting, too. I really like the styling of it. It's a parallel twin, right? I don't think I would have chosen it over the FZ6 if it had been a choice at the time, but I do like it. I'd like to see more middleweights with this type styling.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
It looks like a big life sized transformer toy.

If it actually transformed I'd trade in my FZ.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
The front looks like an ant head

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Saw that in my copy of Cycle World today! Interesting design concept. Looks cool in black, but I'd take an FZ6 anyday.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Looks like a Star Wars bike to me. Fugly.
But put that motor in a updated EX500 Ninja and you got a winner.
IMO there's no good intermediate bikes these days(less than a 600 4 cyl).
And the naked styling on some of these are bad!
Leave that bike for the Europeans.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
I like it, and yet I don't. At first glance it looks cool, but the longer I look at it the more things I find that I'd change. That headlight has got to go. I'm also not a fan of handlebar mounted mirrors, but in some cases there's nowhere else to put 'em. It's also in DESPERATE need of a F.E., though the rear looks chopped from the side angle. Still, if it were between that and an EX500, I'd take it.

·
Registered
702 Posts
i wonder if it actually comes with those wav rotors?

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Binary Jay said:
Yeah I decided it was ugly, and then we locked the thread because I had stated my opinion and as we know that is the final word.

No, it is built by Kawasaki and that is all it takes to kill a motorcycle design.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Thanks for posting this! I didn't get to see it if it was posted before and am really glad I did. I really really like the styling of the bike, but then again - this comes from me, who doesn't really think the FZ6 looks that great. I like everything about the FZ minus the entire front plastics/screen/mirrors.... but yeah - I really like that. alot.

I hope it comes over to the US! I might have to buy another bike if it does, but then again - I'll have to buy another if the MT01 comes this way..... if it comes to that - the FZ6 is going out of here.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think they are trying to look like the benelli cafe racer more then an fz6, but thats just me, plus its only a twin, what fun is that?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Double A Ron said:
I think they are trying to look like the benelli cafe racer more then an fz6, but thats just me, plus its only a twin, what fun is that?

kina looks like a buell too :fiddy

·
Registered
828 Posts
Yeah buell without the rim-mounted rotors.

Flush mounted turn signals are a good idea but they made them look like the eyes of some disturbed sea creature. I'm guessing giant squid.

The silver front fender looks like it came off Marvin the Martian's head. Seems to need a mowhawk.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the input all

I go back and forth on it too. I'm just getting antsy with mine lately. I'm teetering on the whole PC, R6 forks, cat eliminate. Then I think, I've got 24K on her, just get a liter or 750 and retain a good traffic court attorney? Decisions, decisions. Guess I'm craving easy power wheelies and a quicker path to my 95-130mph 'happy land'. Are there any cool 750's out there that won't turn me into the hunchback?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts