Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
King of the Hopeless
1,132 Posts
Yes. At the beginning of a season I always feel a lack of confidence, lack of focus and lack of coordination. I try to take it very easy and work my way back into it. It is the part of riding in the NE that I don’t like. I feel like the skill erodes over the winter and I have to play catch up in March and April.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I rode to work yesterday and today. The first thing I notice is how I've gotten used to letting my mind wander as if I was driving. (I don't mean like actively daydreaming, just not focusing on everything around me like I do on two wheels) Other than that, I feel pretty comfortable just sort of cruising around.

But the first time I hit a corner at any kind of speed...fuck me. Death grip on the bars, body all over the place, OH GOD WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?!?!?!

:lol

·
Registered
743 Posts
Good ol Louisiana, our state is old and has dementia. It often forgets its supposed to be winter so I've never gone more than a couple weeks without a ride :D

·
Registered
592 Posts
I don't OP should over think it too much, I think the more you think about it the more you are going to aware of it then you will have to think about it some more. The first time for a lot of guys riding their bikes after the winter is on the first practice of the first race weekend or first track day.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I rode through winter, bout every two weeks. I'm feeling good :p , plus after taking the ARC, I'm ready to spend the season practicing my new skills and preparing for my first track day.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
My foot placement was a little awkward but I just went for it on my first ride of the season:p Didn't even freak out when the back end stepped out in a left handler. Although I did slow way down... lol

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I don't OP should over think it too much, I think the more you think about it the more you are going to aware of it then you will have to think about it some more. The first time for a lot of guys riding their bikes after the winter is on the first practice of the first race weekend or first track day.
I hate that so much. My corner entry fuckin blows come round 1 in may. I need to start ice racing or something.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
I was just the opposite. 3 weeks ago it was warm, I had the itch, so me and my buddy went for a ride. He had to actually work at keeping up with me, and I left a *****, throwing rubber on him. I didn't know I did it.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
I hate that so much. My corner entry fuckin blows come round 1 in may. I need to start ice racing or something.
Come to Texas. It is so nice having only about one month off of track riding :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean, my confidence on the traction us what kills me at first. At least until it warms up past 55 and its rained a few times to wash the salt from winter away.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I'm not even sure there is a month off in California. Longest I've gone without riding in the last 6 months was a 4 day weekend where it rained on a Thursday and Friday, and I had my boy that week/weekend.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
That's effin far :D I think ill be racing with UtahSBA next year. It's only ~14 hours. Racing isn't that expensive really, it's the travel and hotels that seem to drain me.

I need to get a small trailer I can sleep in. I'd get so much more track time. I really want to check out the ridge, looks so sick.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
O'Rly? Texas is in my "places to avoid" during May through Sep, just too freaking warm.

It has been a long winter, feels like we were in February 63th 2013.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts