Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 ZX7R Sun Burst orange with 2300 miles what do you think I can sell her for? All stock never down.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CasterTroy said:
Probibly around $46.22, a leatherman, some pocket lint and a paper clip

I'll be up around 7:30 tonight :D
Thanks for the bull sh!t responce :twofinger

·
Registered
765 Posts
It will depend on 'supply and demand' for your area. Take a look at the NADA, KBB, and eBay prices and figure a selling point between the AVG NADA/KBB and eBay going rate. Everything I have seen lately is selling way below 'normal' for a used bike. Im not sure what is going on that we have to 'give away' our used bikes, but it would be nice to see a turn around soon.

·
Registered
475 Posts
He wasn't very far off in his estimate on what you'd get for the bike. Zx-7's (P models) were not very popular bikes since they came out the same year as the totally updated GSX-R in '96.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tiamat said:
He wasn't very far off in his estimate on what you'd get for the bike. Zx-7's (P models) were not very popular bikes since they came out the same year as the totally updated GSX-R in '96.

$46.22 Come on now

·
Capo di tuti Capi
287 Posts
Depends on what you paid for her. I would try and get $7500. It all depends if someone wants the orange over the Kawi green for the bike (for me anyway).

Stone

·
Registered
765 Posts
Stonecoldchavez said:
Depends on what you paid for her. I would try and get $7500. It all depends if someone wants the orange over the Kawi green for the bike (for me anyway).

Stone
Not flaming, but...you are in 'la la land' with that bid. I recently (within two weeks) sold a 2002 CBR954 with 2100 miles in mint condition with some nice goodies for $7k. It took me 3 months to find that Buyer.

I have given all the info I have on this topic. If my attention is needed, please PM me, as I am unsubscribing from this Thread.

·
Capo di tuti Capi
287 Posts
Let me be clearer....I would start with that as an asking price. I don't see anything wrong with that. A 1 year-old bike with 2300 miles on it. He probably bought it new for around $9300 OTD. Seems like a reasonably price to ask for. Doesn't mean he will get it. It all depends on where you live and what some one is in the market for.

I think you could have gotten at least 8K for your bike in Jersey if it is in good condition......

IMHO,

Stone

·
Banned
101 Posts
Stonecoldchavez said:
Let me be clearer....I would start with that as an asking price. I don't see anything wrong with that. A 1 year-old bike with 2300 miles on it. He probably bought it new for around $9300 OTD. Seems like a reasonably price to ask for. Doesn't mean he will get it. It all depends on where you live and what some one is in the market for.

I think you could have gotten at least 8K for your bike in Jersey if it is in good condition......

IMHO,

Stone

Wow... I've gotta say that's a weee bit high... Then again, you're in Jersey, and if you're near NYC, everything is like 10% higher... At least around here... My 2001, 0 miles was 8k OTD... The grim reality is that he'll probably get 6k AT BEST... I don't like hearing that anymore than he does... :(

Edit: I concur with used bike sales, they SUCK. Within a local board I haunt, there are 2 RC51's going for 6-6.5K and a super blinged out R1 going for 7.4K, and none have moved in MONTHS...

·
Capo di tuti Capi
287 Posts
It must be the Jersey prices then........ :)

I am thinking it is a year-old bike with only 2300 miles on it. If he paid around $9300 for it, I don't think a -$3000 drop is that unreasonable to pay.

Stone

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I paid $6999 new before taxes. I was thinking about getting a jet ski or a small boat. Something that the whole family can have fun with. It's just a thought

·
Registered
220 Posts
i would say with that bike in perfect condition with those miles you could ask and get with no problem $6,500. USD. is it worth more? yeah but we are a dying breed my friend, most people want GSXRs or what have you. i would say $6500 is a fair price, maybe ask $7000.00 USD then if neede drop down to $6500.

price new is over $8K you will not see that since the bike is used.

I paid 6K for mine with 4000 miles on her PLUS taxes and Interest. and its a 2001 in NOT perfect condition when i bought it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Amish Marauder said:
i would say with that bike in perfect condition with those miles you could ask and get with no problem $6,500. USD. is it worth more? yeah but we are a dying breed my friend, most people want GSXRs or what have you. i would say $6500 is a fair price, maybe ask $7000.00 USD then if neede drop down to $6500.

price new is over $8K you will not see that since the bike is used.

I paid 6K for mine with 4000 miles on her PLUS taxes and Interest. and its a 2001 in NOT perfect condition when i bought it.
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
220 Posts
anytime. hope you get the most for her.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts