Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me the pros and cons of owning a sv650s? i own a zzr 600 at the moment but fancy a change.all i read about them is good but as anyone had any bad experiences? :leghump

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
The SV will be lighter and more flickable than your ZZR. The ZZR will be more comfortable and stable. The ZZR will be faster in a drag, but the power delivery is completely different; the SV's will be more linear. For twisties the SV will be better but if you mostly ride on the highway in a straight line I would stick with your ZZR.

I don't know if anybody on this site is going to know anything about UK pricing. You might try www.sv650.org

·
Registered
62 Posts
only down side I can think of is top speed...that wouldn't really be a factor unless you're a speed freak. Still the top speed is faster than anyone should be going on the street. Otherwise, the SVs are sweet rides. Reliable, flickable, decently priced, and a lot of fun to ride.
oh BTW, it's a little week on suspension components but that's nothing a couple of hundred can't fix. If you're on the lighter side, say under 150 and don't ride hard, stock may be fine for you.

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
I've got the SV1000s..... I absolutely love it. I let alot of people ride it so they can see what I talk about. I have several friends that are looking into an SV now.

·
Go #214!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2,390 Posts
I had one, got a new bike but couldn't part with my SV so I gave it to my brother for a very small $$$ amount. I still ride it plenty and it is just a great all around bike

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Best (only) bike I've ever owned. I've said this before, but after 4 years and 36K miles, I still get a grin on every ride.

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
sv was great. i loved mine, and miss it. true the suspension is a little weak but they japs had to cut a few corners somewhere to have it be as cheap as it is. if your not a really hard rider, all you really need is to change that stock 5w fork oil to 15w or 20w. it will make a world of difference, and if still no good, you can always find a gixxer front end to slap on it.

here is the old girl. damnit i miss that bike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.