Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'd steer far clear of that unless you're only planning on using it as a track bike - it's got a salvage title, which means it's been wrecked and is not allowed on the street.

·
Registered
17 Posts
not allowed on the street? That seems odd to me, are you sure? If it has a salvage title, that just means its been wrecked. I have never checked into a salvage titled bike, but you can drive a salvage titled car on the road.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know it has a salvage title. Its been rebuilt. I looked at the bike yesterday. He gave me all the work that was done. He started it. It only needs a few minor parts. In Maryland you can have a salvage title as long as it passes state inspection.

·
Registered
475 Posts
In Michigan, you can't get plates for a vehicle with a salvage title - unless you get the thing repaired and it passes an inspection, then you can apply to get a real title for it. Seems too much of a hassle to me to bother, unless you're getting a super smoking deal that you just can't possibly pass up, but he's talking about spending $3200 for it. That plus the cost of making the final repairs (exhaust, footpeg, seats, fairings or paintjob) - you can get just about any 5 year old jap sportbike for that amount of money. Not to mention, you really have no way of knowing how the thing's going to handle, or what hidden stress fractures are lurking in that chassis now...

Save your time and aggrevation and move along. Only my opinion of course.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I drove up and picked it up yesterday.

Looks good, Needs left foot controls, it started up. It needs a battery too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Last bike was a Zx6, rode that for 4 years. I rode a GSXR 750 for a day though.

I hope to have it running in two weeks, still waiting for all the parts to come in from ebay. Exhaust will go on today, not sure if it needs it but getting the carbs cleaned out too.

·
Registered
220 Posts
for the cost it was a AWESOME deal...2 grand or a lil more for that is good.i would have picked it up if i new it was for sale.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts