Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
sacrilicious
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But, I'm concerned. I'm one of the unlucky ones not near a dealership. There's plenty of other bikes I could choose, but I wanna try a Triumph.

What I'm wondering is mostly about upkeep. I can do maintenance on an inline 4, and twins are easy to work on ...

but what about these triumphs? I've never owned a brit bike, or a euro bike. Just jap. Anything confusing, terrifying or otherwise not a good reason to open one up yourself?

OR, are these like the jap bikes ... ride, change oil, lube chain, repeat?

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
But, I'm concerned. I'm one of the unlucky ones not near a dealership. There's plenty of other bikes I could choose, but I wanna try a Triumph.

What I'm wondering is mostly about upkeep. I can do maintenance on an inline 4, and twins are easy to work on ...

but what about these triumphs? I've never owned a brit bike, or a euro bike. Just jap. Anything confusing, terrifying or otherwise not a good reason to open one up yourself?

OR, are these like the jap bikes ... ride, change oil, lube chain, repeat?
Pretty much.

I have about 90,000 miles on mine and since I did a couple mechanical mods (basically made it a Daytona motor and not a speed triple, they are different) the head cover has only ever come of to re-shim the valves since. Now granted, I've broken all manner of switches and lights over the years but 8 years and 85,000 miles so far and it has far and away been most routine maintenance.

Only thing you have to watch is part from triumph can be pricey and sometimes come by sea turtle, but that getts a little bit better every year.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
Yeah. what he said ^^

They are easier to work on than japanese bikes, in my opinion, and nothing is prone to breaking on them if you get a model that was made after 98. Up until then, there were a few transmission problems.

You can't really go wrong with a Triumph, though. They kick ass.

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
I wasn't very impressed with the 2008 Speed Triple I rode Saturday during Triumph Demo Days at Martin. It was a very nice bike, just not my style. I WANTED to ride the Sprint. I'm sure I would have loved that one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts