Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I'm 5'7" and I am looking to buy a used, '01 busa as a touring compliment for my fz6. Are there any riders out there on the short side who can vouch for the Busa?

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
I guess I'm just under 6', so not quite your size, but reaching the ground with your feet shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully some other members might be a little closer to your height and tell you for sure.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
5'9" and had no problems sitting on the Busa.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
I'm 5'9" as well, and I sit on mine with feet flat on the ground and knees bent a bit, so you shouldn't have any trouble @ just 2 inches less. That's one of the things I really like about it compared to even the 600cc supersports where I can just barely get both feet to lay flat.

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
I got a buddy who just took his to Alaska and I think he's about 5'7". He has no issues.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm 5'3 on a good day...but I had my busa lowered about 1 1/2 - 2 inches and I take it everywhere with no problems. It just depends on your weight; I'm lower on the scale than average busa riders...

·
sikk cylinders
1,014 Posts
jersey girl said:
I'm 5'3 on a good day...but I had my busa lowered about 1 1/2 - 2 inches and I take it everywhere with no problems. It just depends on your weight; I'm lower on the scale than average busa riders...
Post a pic with your bike girl! I gotta see that. +1 on taking on a Busa!

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Gixxerworld said:
Hot Damn!!!
I hope this doesn't come across as sexist or anything, but why is a leather clad woman on a Harley so revolting, while a leather clad woman on a sport bike so damn sexy? :lol

In all seriousness, Jersey Girl, by the looks of the photo you appear to be at a drag strip. How long have you been racing? That's pretty wild...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey User Name...I've been riding for about 4-5 years, racing for about 3. I started out on a 600, but soon realized that when it comes to the track, a busa is where its at :) Ever race before? It's a blast...very addicting, and it can get very expensive...but a blast.
Most guys I race with quickly give up the street, but I haven't been able to do that...I still like to cruise the streets, too.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
jersey girl said:
Hey User Name...I've been riding for about 4-5 years, racing for about 3. I started out on a 600, but soon realized that when it comes to the track, a busa is where its at :) Ever race before? It's a blast...very addicting, and it can get very expensive...but a blast.
Most guys I race with quickly give up the street, but I haven't been able to do that...I still like to cruise the streets, too.
Wow, very impressive. I'd love to take up racing (drag or track), but it's the expensive part that currently prevents me from doing so. I already have one too many hobbies - scuba diving, underwater photography (major $$ tied up getting a good camera underwater...), and I checked out some people hang gliding a few weeks ago (now THAT looks like a blast!). Plus, it's only been a year since I got back into riding since I was young and rode dirt bikes, so I probably need a few more miles under my belt before I really start pushing it... But it's definitely on my list of things to do.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Just got mine and I am 5'6" and don't really have a problem. Heck I have only driven it home so not much time in the seat yet. DIdn't seem to hard when stopping. I can flat foot leaned a little to one side.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts