Sport Bikes banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after listening to the sounds of the different exhausts, I think I have narrowed down my choice to Remus. I know they make good quality stuff, but was wondering if anyone had it on here, and if so, how much, and where could I get them from?

I am looking for something that won't drone at highway speeds, but sounds great when you get up in the higher rpms bands. Any suggestions or hints would be very helpful.

Thanks
Cris P.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sir Heavy FZ6 said:
Well I know for a FACT they make top notch mufflers etc. for automotive applications, so I see no reason at all to think they would skimp on their motorcycle applications. I was just hoping that SOMEONE would have purchased from them and had some sort of review about it.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
s2cmpugh said:
Well I know for a FACT they make top notch mufflers etc. for automotive applications, so I see no reason at all to think they would skimp on their motorcycle applications. I was just hoping that SOMEONE would have purchased from them and had some sort of review about it.
I know there are a couple people out there is the Remus stuff on their FZ. I guess they're shy or something.

I know what you're saying about quality. Pretty popular for BMWs too. (I know, BMs are poorly designed, underpowered, outdated, overpriced pieces of crap :rolleyes )

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sir Heavy FZ6 said:
I know there are a couple people out there is the Remus stuff on their FZ. I guess they're shy or something.

I know what you're saying about quality. Pretty popular for BMWs too. (I know, BMs are poorly designed, underpowered, outdated, overpriced pieces of crap :rolleyes )
They are popular for BMW's. Thanks for the link Captain Cranky, but I was looking for basically a "slip-on" and not a full exhaust system.

Come on shy folks.. help us out!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK.. I just received an e-mail back from Maxmoto... and I am sorry, but the price is WAY too high..

Dear Chris,

They are 729.00 in alu stainless
And 835.00 in carbon or Titanium

Thank you,

Knut Wagner

MaxMOTO Distribution
220 9th. street
San Francisco, CA. 94103

REMUS Exhaust Systems
BBT Composites
BITUBO Suspension

I just can't afford to spend 800 for exhaust.. I mean HELL thats another bike...I might start to look into other options now.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think Remus makes the stock mufflers for Ducati's bikes, and it's a popular aftermarket choice for Duc's also.

·
BIRDMAN
2,559 Posts
Haha! You are now feeling the big (-) of a dual undertail exhaust, 2x the price for after market units. Hurts more knowing I-4's don't need dual cans at all. Now you feel my pain w/my big twin, but twins do need 2 cans or a barrel single one. All slip ons get pretty expensive when you need two of em. I've been tempted to get remus for my bike in the past, the word is they tune great sounds in their systems. People who ended up turned off by the price in my circles often went with Wolf. Say the sound very good too.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the Remus CF system with a cat remover. Really like the sound and it's not
to loud. The vibration at 5k rpm has wanished...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts