Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is a moddel from2005. What can you tell me about the engine and other stuff pros and cons. Any sugestions guys?

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
A co-worker of mine has a Bandit 1200 with over 35k miles on it. The bike runs great and has never given him a bit of trouble. For the type of bike it is, it handles well and makes good mid-range power.

The only con would be the lack of adjustments on the suspension but that is what keeps them cheaper to buy.

·
Registered
674 Posts
dr m said:
It is a moddel from2005. What can you tell me about the engine and other stuff pros and cons. Any sugestions guys?
If its the type of bike you want...Get one thats obviously been taken care of , clean with low miles. If aftermarket air cleaners and pipe / jet kit fitted beware!. There is a slight early midrange stumble with the stock carb setup, but that can be cured just by carb adjustments.. Some say the stock seat sucks..[it does!]...The motor / transmission is pretty much bulletproof.. make sure it shifts good and there are no noises coming from the engine...sometimes the cam chain makes noise..avoid that if pos...The engine should be clean with no oil seepage anywhere..Ask for all previous maintenance records ....oil changes and such...costly items like tires chain and sprockets should be in excellent condition...Enjoy!....:fiddy ..

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a 01 no fairing. Jetted with a Scorpion Exhaust. Had it a year & put 4500mi. It has plenty of power and 100-150 mile rides very comfortable. No repair issues the than scheduled maintenance.

·
ALL weather rider
207 Posts
I had a 2001 for 2 years...put 12K miles on it...rode from VA beach all the way up to NJ and back. only stopped twice for gas and a 10 min break. Very comfy if you are tall (I am 6'4"). and there is plenty of power there to run the 1/4 in the low 12s (unless you are a pro, you can get it faster than that).

Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts