Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
redcomet. To Be Honest I Think You Should Extend The Swing Arm So You Can Actually Keep That Power To The Ground. 2 The Reson I Dont Like Busas Is Cause They Cant Handle For Shit. There Made For Drag. Get A Dynojet Power Commander And A Jetkit. Full Racing Exhuat System. Intake. Lighter Rims. Oz Wheels Recommended If You Have The Cash.and If Its Truly A Dragster Than Maybe Some Nitros. Personaly I Dont Behlive In Nitros. Good Luck

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'll never understand why going in a straight line for hours is so much fun. :| I guess it could be to others, but it's not my thing.

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
I am writing to you guys from Abilene. Just got here from San Antonio. Went to Dallas, then shot to Abilene.
Did it hurt? Not the trip itself, but the next day my back kicked my ass for a tad.

Not very comfy on a 97 ZX-7R, but the speed burst were fun.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RedComet said:
redcomet. To Be Honest I Think You Should Extend The Swing Arm So You Can Actually Keep That Power To The Ground. 2 The Reson I Dont Like Busas Is Cause They Cant Handle For Shit. There Made For Drag. Get A Dynojet Power Commander And A Jetkit. Full Racing Exhuat System. Intake. Lighter Rims. Oz Wheels Recommended If You Have The Cash.and If Its Truly A Dragster Than Maybe Some Nitros. Personaly I Dont Behlive In Nitros. Good Luck

I hate to have to put it so bluntly but you are a total dumb ass.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll never understand why going in a straight line for hours is so much fun. :| I guess it could be to others, but it's not my thing.
Uh no its not necessarily ALL fun, its about acomplishing something.

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
I'll be doing the 1300 mile trek from Marina to Bozeman at the end of this month for a move. I expect to enjoy just about every moment of it (on the road, on the bike, with no time constraints... I can't see how anyone would see anything BUT enjoyment in that).

·
Registered
646 Posts
Wow, im just tired from reading that! I definately think tho that at a later time in my life on a b***** bike (think G-Wing) i would be down to do that. I sounds like an awesome experience. I would just want to enjoy it more...make it more of a 2 week trip with more rest and sight seeing...but thats just me.

·
Official Forum Killjoy
3,642 Posts
Actualy I do think Im tough.

To my credit I have:
3 SS1000 rides.
2 BBG1500 rides.

These are all IBA certified rides and I have the plate frame to go with it.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
It's one of those things that if you need to have it explained to you, you're not gonna understand it. It's like guys who can't "just ride" (twisties or the slab) and must always be doing stunts and trashing their bikes while practicing in parking lots - it's fun to watch but I can't say that I truly "get it." But that's the beauty of motorcycling, it's different things to different people and yet it's all good.

I did this and will be doing my first Saddle Sore 1000 this very weekend with a friend and fellow SBN'er. I can't wait!

Now after reading the story in the link, all I wish is that I had my very own Vik!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
BentValve said:
Congrats Ducman! I want an IBA cert, what would you recommend a newbie start with?
your bike is an excellent tourer...check out this site:

http://www.pashnit.com/

he sport tours on a hayabusa. also, read through some of his stories he's got some good ones...particularly the one where he almost flew off a cliff. if you want iron butt advice, this guy is the most serious sport touring fool on the planet...no gold wing couch on wheels for him. wish I could just take the time off and ride cross country like this guy.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I do alot of 250-300 mile rides and they are no problem, and I've done one ride around 1200 miles on a gsxr which was not fun.

·
Registered
670 Posts
i personally like it all: stuntin, drag, and twisties. to me they are all an accomplishment in their own way, the one i dont like is squidlyness, that is left to the deushes who are afraid to ride a bit like it was meant, standing next to your ride on the main strip isnt riding in my eyes, call me crazy i guess

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
he he, I know my bike is good for touring..that is partly why I bought itl. :)

I meant IBA rides to start with. :)

GreenZED said:
your bike is an excellent tourer...check out this site:

http://www.pashnit.com/

he sport tours on a hayabusa. also, read through some of his stories he's got some good ones...particularly the one where he almost flew off a cliff. if you want iron butt advice, this guy is the most serious sport touring fool on the planet...no gold wing couch on wheels for him. wish I could just take the time off and ride cross country like this guy.

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
fotocycle said:
It's one of those things that if you need to have it explained to you, you're not gonna understand it. It's like guys who can't "just ride" (twisties or the slab) and must always be doing stunts and trashing their bikes while practicing in parking lots - it's fun to watch but I can't say that I truly "get it." But that's the beauty of motorcycling, it's different things to different people and yet it's all good.

I did this and will be doing my first Saddle Sore 1000 this very weekend with a friend and fellow SBN'er. I can't wait!

Now after reading the story in the link, all I wish is that I had my very own Vik!
Good luck, man! ENJOY it! :dblthumb

·
Registered
548 Posts
It's fun just to hit the back roads and explore and just ride an look at things. It really can be fun not going 100mph. I want to do one of these some day. Most I have ever done is 1,000 miles in a week.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts