Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that get the white stuff that falls from the sky called snow, what do you do in the winter months until warmer weather? It seems like this snow is never going to go away and I'm day dreaming about riding the bike all the time. It doesn't help that this year we actually have a winter in the Ohio area compared to the past 5-8 years. I need something to distract my mind.

Oh you lucky peeps that get nice weather 365 days a year, I hate you :finger lol

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
For those of you that get the white stuff that falls from the sky called snow, what do you do in the winter months until warmer weather? It seems like this snow is never going to go away and I'm day dreaming about riding the bike all the time. It doesn't help that this year we actually have a winter in the Ohio area compared to the past 5-8 years. I need something to distract my mind.

Oh you lucky peeps that get nice weather 365 days a year, I hate you :finger lol
I ride. When there's snow on the road, I ride on the trails. When the roads are dry, I ride on the roads.

I sometimes prefer riding in the cold weather. It guarantees the pirates in vests and bandanas who don't wave back will be off the road. :eek:nfloor

And I also brew beer. :cheers

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Today is our 37th day with below zero temps this season. I don't think we've had more than 2 days of above average temps since Nov 15th.

Hey Al Gore...kiss my ass!

·
Registered
848 Posts
i wait for the snow to get melted enough off the road and then go ride. I realize it's been a while since it has been clear, but i have lots of patience. ya never know when the temps will spike and melt everything. I'll be ready for it.

Winter is a good time to do mods to the bike.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Im doing what any sane person from western NY does. Jump in lake ontario. Yes it will be 15 degrees out and the water is barely above freezing but what the hell, its for charity. Doing the polar plunge tomorrow. I guess this is what happens when I can't ride...

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
178 Posts
I snowboard in the winter. More physically demanding but the speed, technique and mental focus elements are similar to riding a motorbike.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Think Positive! It's NOT snow. It is Global Warming. You see, snow is an insulator. So a foot of snow is sorta like Gia putting on a sweater. A white fluffy (until the cars mush it up) sweater.
I look at riding videos on YouTube. The envy I feel toward those out riding warms me up:santafinger

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
I ride. Course, this is the full extent of our snow this year. Some of the non-main roads were still covered in snow that I rode through, but the majority was slush/wet.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Last year I was riding in Dec and Jan. This winter I haven't ridden since Nov. I haven't seen this much snow since i lived in MI. Thankfully it's still not nearly as much as MI gets, but it's still way more than I want! :lol

I'm spending most of my time in photography or beer hunting, sometimes both at once.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Although this winter has produced more snow than average, western CO is usually pretty mild. I got a chance to ride my new ZX14R yesterday, as well as my KTM Adventure last Sunday.

If the weather isn't cooperating, I do some more work on finishing my shop.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've been watching youtube videos and collecting some new gear. We had a 2 day spike of 60* weather which I did ride but after that it was back to snow and ice mix. I'll have to start beer hunting like acalliste.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I do my best to not hate my life and work real hard.

and listen to "bicycle" by Queen a fair bit.

Reactions: OldSchlPunk
1 - 18 of 18 Posts