Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

:joke

I was putting on some new paddock jack pegs and I had to take off the muffler. I might take it for a ride tomorrow just to see how it sounds. But I'm planing on doing some 'spring cleaning' in the coming weeks. I am 99% sure I have a blown exhaust gasket (ordered new ones today) and I want to replace the fuel system. I got some bad gas a few weeks ago and its not been right since. I replaced the plugs 2 weeks ago, but that helped for about 5 minutes. So I wanna replace the fuel filter, lines, and I might be looking at petcock too.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
yikes.

people don't think it happens, but I'm careful about where I buy fuel for a reason.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure it happened twice as well. My favorite new gas station next to my house (they sell E85, for my truck of course) had all the mid and high oct fuels blocked off after my second bout with gas issues.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just did the split tail swap on my f4i this past weekend. The last thing left to put back on was the slip on. I never thought to try it when I actually first got my exhaust... but this time I just had to go around the block.. it sounded really raspy and obnoxious kinda cool but obnoxious.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Don't do it. Pissing off non-riders is not a good thing (and that's what you'll do).

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live in the sticks and I planned on staying there for my ride. No city hooligan riding without a muffler.

·
King of the Hopeless
1,132 Posts
Love those old CBR's. They make solid track bikes and crash pretty well (meaning you don't write the thing off - even after some pretty serious crashes).

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was a good price, couldn't pass it up. It's been great the last 6 months I've had it. I'm just doing some maintenance right now. It blow an exhaust gasket, so I figured I'd do some other work while I have it apart.

·
Human After All
4,687 Posts
After I got hit by an SUV a few years ago I had to ride back home with my can strapped to the back seat (Hooray for keeping bungee nets under the seat) and it sounded absolutely terrible.

But on the plus side it was still rideable, if crunchy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts