Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went riding with a friend last night. Somehow, we only managed a 7 mile ride to her sister's house where we spent most of the night. At about 1:30am we head out. I only live less than a mile away from where we were at so I figured I would ride with my friend halfway to her house and take the extra long way home. About a half mile away from where I was gonna turn off, we got busted for a 67 in a 40. The road was completely empty and it was a long straight. Right after we passed the cop, we immediately pulled over. He was cool and asked us about our driving records which we were honest about. The girl has a few tickets and an OUI and mine is perfect. Now, earlier that night, we were all talking about how Hanover (the town we were bagged in) cops were like sharks waiting for an easy kill. While he was busy running our plates and stuff, another cop came over and started talking to us. He was a real cool guy, telling us some of his cop stories. After about a half hour, he just let us go. No written warnings, nothing. I had a feeling the whole time he was just gonna let us go anyway. By the way, I was on my dad's Harley and not the ZX9.

Moral of the story: Pull over as soon as you can and pray the cop is cool.

·
Registered
487 Posts
yeah they like it if you are courtious and polite (hot helps ladies) jk and pull over safely quickly and keep in mind the officers safety as well. helps out prolly about 80% of getting lucky, also ask the officer for a written warning. remember they have heard every excuse in the book, even if it is the truth its not.......... (write that down)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Cops deal with so much crap that a bit of real friendliness goes a long way.

I'm curious... were you wearing helmets, gear? I figure they're more likely to let you pass if you are.

I know my friends in the trade get real burned out on the messy calls.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We were wearing gear. Helmets are mandatory but we did have jackets on too. As for the "messy calls", one of the cops was telling us a story where a kid crashed his car and his rectum fell out. I almost cracked up laughing. Then the girl didn't know what a rectum was so the cop and I exchanged a glance at each other. One of those "who's gonna have to explain this one" looks. I went ahead and told her "the kid's ass fell out" and the cop started to chuckle.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I'm usually polite and honest when I get pulled over, or try to be and have been let of w/a verbal warning on a couple of occasions.

·
who......me????
293 Posts
Super Ninja RR said:
yeah they like it if you are courtious and polite (hot helps ladies) jk and pull over safely quickly and keep in mind the officers safety as well. helps out prolly about 80% of getting lucky, also ask the officer for a written warning. remember they have heard every excuse in the book, even if it is the truth its not.......... (write that down)
I agree with everything you said except the asking for the warning part, I can't stand it when people do that...

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
I've been pulled by a couple cool cops as well, but only once on the bike.

My buddy pulled out of a road and got ahead of me a bit, with a car in between us. I pulled out and gassed it to catch up...apparently right in front of a cop. Cop pulled us over and asked how fast I was going. Told him I didn't know (I honestly didn't, but if I had to guess, probably around 80 or so in a 45), but I was very sorry and was just trying to catch up with my buddy.

He asked for my liscense and about my driving history (which is perfect so far), and I was polite to him, yes sir, no sir, etc. Let me go with a verbal warning and told me to slow it down, and ride careful. He didn't even notice my expired tags (Which is what I thought he was pulling me over to begin with - I never even noticed him till he was behind us at a stoplight).

SO...not all cops are assholes. :)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Just got pulled over on the interstate going 79, I think he just wanted to check to make sure I had all my stuff together. The first thing he asked is if I had my endorsement and insurance. He asked about my leathers and stuff, then just said ok man be careful :)

Wearing a full leather suit with gauntlet gloves and armored boots seems to impress cops. The first time I got pulled over it was a woman who rides and she was very impressed with all my gear. Also when I got in an accident the state trooper was glad to see all the stuff I had on. I've never even seen another riding wearing full race gear in Louisiana.. There's more guys with wife beaters than jackets :rolleyes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts