Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
: ( Not much riding this wknd...

Not much riding this wknd...

Got two bikes tore down in the garage right now.

TiBarb's Nighthawk needed front wheel bearings. In process.

My R1100S (with 58k) has a small elec prob, no running lights. Found a broken wire, but not an easy fix.

Did ride to the local dealer in Roseville 2-up during the day. Looks like TiBarb is getting a new FZ-1.
:banana
:fiddy

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i be comming up that way but i am not sure as to how far. We havent decided whos going to lead the ride yet me or another person, neither of us has rode with each other in this area so i dont know his routes, and he dosent know mine. as soon as i get ahold of him well see whos going to lead the ride, then ill know where we are going to meet at.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would love to get my roll on this weekend, but we have crappy weather all weekend long. Get this we had snow today. :cry :angry

·
Registered
89 Posts
JR2 said:
I would love to get my roll on this weekend, but we have crappy weather all weekend long. Get this we had snow today. :cry :angry
Don't Use language like SNOW and RIDING it hurts my feelings..I rode home from school today in what appeared to be hard cold -ass rain

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we will be meeting around Grand rapids Michigan and riding around the gun lake area just to the south of of it. im out of kalamazoo michigan so you could ride up to me and then we could ride the rest of the way up with a few others that are meeting me to go up. from my place its about 45 minutes to GR.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i just got word that we will have a set location and meeting place here yet today as soon as i get ahold of it ill post the info for yall.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the day will be sat

Here's the details, join us if you can. The weather looks good.

- 10am in Plainwell at the BigBoy parking lot off 131. We'll tour both Gull and Gun lakes and other smaller lakes and streams.

- 11:30 am (approx) we'll have lunch in Middleville at the Kountry Kitchen greasy spoon on M-37 just north of the main intersection (traffic light) in town. Join us there if you want. There's also a Subway at the Shell station if you don't want the diner fare.

- we'll be done about 1:30 or 2 in ther afternoon. We'll end up near Wayland, so you can do 131 or take some back roads home.

It's the last day of daylight savings time so enjoy our last day of light till 6:30,

e-mail or post if you have any questions

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well yes it is and was still on and man did you miss out on this one woooooo hooo a freaking great day for riding.

here are a few pic's ill post more as they come into me.

pic 1 is at the meeting place at 10:30am and 34 degrees

http://photobucket.com/albums/y290/Godzuki/street stuff/?action=view&current=morningmeet.jpg

pic 2 is old school (my 1100) meets new school(a buddys busa)

http://photobucket.com/albums/y290/Godzuki/street stuff/?action=view&current=old_meets_new.jpg

we had 14 bikes there today a pretty good group. we kept a pretty decent pace, and pulled a few wheelies here and there.

we had
1 black bird
1 gsxr 1100
1 zx-11
1 zx-9r
1 zx-10
1 929
1 954
1 R1
1 F4i
2 interceptors
3 busa's

·
Registered
89 Posts
GODZUKI 1100 said:
well yes it is and was still on and man did you miss out on this one woooooo hooo a freaking great day for riding.

here are a few pic's ill post more as they come into me.

pic 1 is at the meeting place at 10:30am and 34 degrees

http://photobucket.com/albums/y290/Godzuki/street stuff/?action=view&current=morningmeet.jpg

pic 2 is old school (my 1100) meets new school(a buddys busa)

http://photobucket.com/albums/y290/Godzuki/street stuff/?action=view&current=old_meets_new.jpg

we had 14 bikes there today a pretty good group. we kept a pretty decent pace, and pulled a few wheelies here and there.

we had
1 black bird
1 gsxr 1100
1 zx-11
1 zx-9r
1 zx-10
1 929
1 954
1 R1
1 F4i
2 interceptors
3 busa's
WOW I'm green w/ envy :D glad you guys had a good time but I don't think I could have kept the pace with my FZR 600. WILL upgrade in Sring! :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
vera your on this site to hehe woow you get around heheJK ohh by the way here is a plug for the web site she's from localriders.com and the ride she is talking about starts near norther kentucky near cinccinati hehe.

becauseimadaddy you would have been fine we have a few no so fast riders in the group that are on big bikes, so NO problem man if your on a fzr600. we kinda ride what some call the pace. or we keep around the same speed the whole day. we dont on every straight section open up the bikes wide open for the entire straight. example 1 if we went as outright fast as we could my old 92 1100 would have some serious trouble keeping with new bikes in the corners.

also its not the bike its the rider, i am on a stock suspended 1992gsxr 1100 with 60k on it, yea my suspension is mushy at best but i am some where near the front in most rides.

finnaly one more thing to help convince you to ride wth us, at every intersection we let the entire group catch up so we dont lose anybody.

oh yea and 2 weeks ago we had a guy on a mid 80's beat down yamaha maxium ride with us who had a blast, or at least he said he did. we welcome everybody who rides to come out with us.

·
Registered
232 Posts
GODZUKI 1100 said:
vera your on this site to hehe woow you get around heheJK ohh by the way here is a plug for the web site she's from localriders.com and the ride she is talking about starts near norther kentucky near cinccinati hehe.
James, I came across this website by accident yesterday when I was looking for info on the FZ6. And then I started browsing and guess who I found: YOU!
That was a very nice surprise!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts