Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
It doesn't affect sales of E15

All this bill does or doesn't do is no federal subsidies will be given for pumps that sell E15 via "blender pumps"

So those stations that use one hose and handle to dispense multiple grades of fuels are the only thing affected. If they have a stand alone fuel nozzle for E15 they still get the subsidies... Thus E15 will still be the new shit crap fuel seen nationwide most likely

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Let's not turn this political. It's strictly about sportbikes using E15 (or the lack thereof!).
Let me know how that works out for you.

Here's how it's going to work - any political posts made in threads outside of P&R will be moved to a common sticky in P&R. If you don't have access to P&R because you asked to be removed from it and your post gets moved there, you won't be able to see it, edit it, or respond to any replies to it.

Post wisely.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
removing subsidies will evaporate it (pun intended) quickly enough.

Because pumps are fucking expensive, and most stations simply do not have the money for new, separate ones.
most stations also reap a heavy benefit from subsidies, and I'd imagine you'll see them drop the fuel when they aren't subsidized to carry it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
removing subsidies will evaporate it (pun intended) quickly enough.

Because pumps are fucking expensive, and most stations simply do not have the money for new, separate ones.
most stations also reap a heavy benefit from subsidies, and I'd imagine you'll see them drop the fuel when they aren't subsidized to carry it.
Is ethanol free gas subsidized? I'm guessing the clean gas gets removed rather than the e15.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I had always thought that the entire ethanol scheme, from growing to selling, was subsidized.

"clean" gas doesn't have to be subsidized, people want it. with something that has the demand that fuel has, you don't have to subsidize what people don't want.

and the only reason people buy ethanol, is because it's all that's available at most stations.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I haven't read up on this years farm bill yet, but historicaly America has subsidized corn growing.

Ethanol fuel use has further been pushed because of the mandatory minimum biofuel mandates from the Energy Policy Act of 2005 and the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007.

the E.P.A. has been charged with "establishing and implementing regulations to ensure that the nation’s transportation fuel supply contains the mandated biofuels volumes".

to accomplish this the epa has adopted the model plan submitted by the RFA the "authoritative voice of the U.S. ethanol industry".

However the epa has currently issued a 1 year reduction in the mandatory minimum of ethanol to be consumed this year.

my understanding is that the decreased subsidy for the blended pumps is part of the decrease in the mandatory minimum of ethanol to be consumed this year.
but i am not entirly certain.

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/regs/fuels/additive/e15/documents/rfa-model-e15-misfueling-mitigation-plan.pdf
http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R40155.pdf

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
oh i should point out, the epa is not decreasing the amount of ethanol we must use in transportation this year, they just decreased the increase in how much ethanol we must use in transportation this year.

oh i should also point out that these ethanol mandates include "non-road" uses.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts