Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
looks good, I still would of taken it to someone that knows what to do.. just me... not a body person..

·
Registered
280 Posts
you got that right there steve.. our group could really use that skill.. keep up the good work

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Kudos for doing it yourself! I've never done any plastic repair, but have done ALOT of fiberglass repair. How long did that repair take you? Maybe you could go as far as filling in the headlight holes and turning your cracked plastics into cheap track bodywork. If you are getting replacement bodywork that is.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
looks good........:nice

·
Registered
280 Posts
nice. steve i may have some 929rr work for u soon

·
Registered
459 Posts
You use four cans on it??? Isn't that a little overkill. None the less, you did a hell of a job and congrats on doing it yourself. Well worth the experience, outcome, and satisfaction of not just wasting money on it and sitting on your ass.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Materials list is as follows

150 grit sand paper to remove the clear coat, and paint and rough edges around damaged areas.

Radio Shack, Electronics Soldering Iron
Plastic from my front fender that is completely toast :mad
Spot putty, dont use regular bondo, it doesn't flex as well and will crack
then I sanded down with 320 to smoth it out as best as possible. then 600 "pointless now that I think about it"
I hit the fairing with American traditions plastic primer x 2 coats
Then it the fairing with 5 coats of Rustoleum Cobalt metallic blue
then 2 coats of american traditions Clearcoat. Waiting a few days for it to cure, then I'm going to wax the shit out of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts