Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

And here I was thinking I had one of the few 05 YZF600R in silver/black on teh island. I rode into work this morning and low & behold there's another 05 model. Not as clean as mine, (since I wash it every weekend), but it's still the same exact model and color.

So what are some ways I can personalize my bike? I already have a new plate on order; WTFYZF. Plus I have a seat cowl on order as well.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I would start with:

Flush mount signals (for the front at the least).
With the nice flat area on the fairings of that bike, its very easy to find a set that is still very visible from the front (in consideration of safety). See pics.

Dark Smoke windscreen.
Dark smoke will allow you to see through a bit and yet go VERY nice with the color of your bike. Not much need for a double bubble given the windscreen/fairing position of that bike - if you find a DB you like though, go for it.

Fender eliminator.
An undertail would be ideal but you can get by with a fender eliminator. Don't do a hack job though. In the picture, you see my hand because the original owner cut the hole and LEFT IT.

The attached pictures are a friend's bike sitting in my garage right now. He just picked it up last week and I'm getting it in decent shape for him (chain was hammered, clutch WAY out of adjustment, idle rough and low, front wheel bearings out [dealer did them wrong afer a crash repair last week], rear brakes destroyed)

Attachments

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I was thinking about the DB windscreen. If I move in the coming months, my commute to work will be mostly highway. The added wind protection would be nice.

What about appearance bits like polished bar ends, oil and brake fluid caps or fakey CF? Should I steer clear of that kinda stuff?

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Polished the wheel lips huh? What to use? I heard aircraft cleaner works but I don't know.

I thought about a slip-on but I kinda like how quite the bike is. Although, a carbon fiber can would look pretty sweet.

·
Registered
670 Posts
i had the same thing happen awhile back. I know that there is another yzf w/ my color combo close by but it has an r6 subframe, then i was riding one day and say a yzf in a parking lot that looked identical to mine, red windscreen and all. I was in my car and wondering if someone had jacked mine though i was at ease after i came home and saw her nice and safe in my living room. in terms of making yours unique just get creative and dont ask other people's opinions because you shouldnt be out to impress others. just as long as you like the mods then go for whatever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts