Sport Bikes banner

341 - 360 of 518 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Meant to say denounce. Show that you are not an a** and a pussy like he is an actually denounce what he said.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yeah, that's what I thought. You little Communists on this board stick together you can't win a single argument so you try to silence the opposition. instead of going out your community and actually doing something worthwhile you run your filthy mouth on a forum like this from the perceived safety of your keyboard. Notice I use the word perceived.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I did answer it, I was clear. I even explained to you why, which I had no obligation to do. Read my lips!

No
In other words you have nothing. dude you're not worthy of any type of debate even on the inter internet when I'm killing some down time from work here you really don't display any type of intellectual acumen that is worthy of any type of discourse with me. To put it in words you can actually understand you are a loser goodbye.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Meant to say denounce. Show that you are not an a** and a pussy like he is an actually denounce what he said.
You need to check yourself dude.

Last I counted in the US;

The first reported case in the US was Jan 10th

We did not do anything about it till what, March?

170,000 people have tested positive

3,800 have died

The country has been shut down for two weeks, about a month to late to start. I

I’ve been at home for two weeks with at least two more to go

The economy is in a recession and they had to hand out 2 trillion dollars in stimulus

Republican leaders and people followed Trumps lead of this is not a big deal. It’s a cold no worse than the flu, because they/you believe In party over country.

If you took that stance and subsequently caught the virus and died, well, that’s just too bad.

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
I'm officially bored by Klink now. He's offered to break my teeth. That's pretty funny. And he sent me a PM, which I assume has the same offer. Huffy little twerp, isn't he! And of course, he's the only person who offers physical violence, and then stomps off in a huff when we laugh at him. He doesn't see the problem with Sarah Palin's crosshairs, but does seem to have a problem with sarcasm. He can't figure it out. Typical reactionary. Thin skinned little snowflake who relies on threats and bluster instead of competence. Kinda like Trump. Ah well, stupid, spoiled little brats like that eventually wear out their welcome. If he stomps off to his room in mommy's basement, just like tinky wink, it's no loss. With any luck we will be rid of Trump in the fall. Then he can spout and spew all he wants, and you know he will, but he won't cause any problems when he does it.

Biden is hardly my first choice, but he's better than Trump. That's the difference between an intelligent person and an obedient little GOP serf like Klink. Biden has flaws we can see. We make an intelligent decision based on all the factors. None of us worship at the feet of Biden or any other politician. We see them all as tradeoffs. It's not a problem to acknowledge flaws. The GOP serf response is to lie supine at the feet of their idol, Trump, right now. Whoever their next idol is will get the same treatment. It's a free country. You can be a brownshirt wannabe, even if it's unAmerican. You can put your foolishness on full display. Klink's ranting and raving are proof of that. What Klink doesn't seem to understand is that there's also no law against ridiculing idiots like Klink. Poor, pitiful little snowflakes like him think he should be able to huff, puff, bluster, and threaten without being called out on it. Oh, well. Tough titties there, Klink.

I have had my fun. Time to move on from the latest little dipwit to pass through.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Trump administration predicts 100K deaths from the virus.

Makes me sick thinking about it. 100K people.

HE HAS TO GO!

·
Premium Member
13,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
No need to censor Trump or anyone else. Call bullshit for what it is and make sure the information is out there. If wingnut idiots like tinkie wink want to swallow bullshit, let 'em, but make sure they have the choice. I don't know what to do about Faux News, since it's a bilge pond of misleading infotainment for idiots. Maybe there's nothing sane people can do except let the disease pass. I don't mean COVID-19, I mean this spasm of idiotic reactionary right wing political populism. Or maybe we are watching a civilization fall, eaten from inside by fools. I have been reading Toynbee again, and the parallels are remarkable. Civilizations commit suicide, according to his theory. Faux is a symptom of our cultural suicide.
If you're reading Toynbee you know there's an ebb and flow to human history. The old Hegelain dialectic still holds, as far as I'm concerned.

But I digress: "Tinky Wink?" LOL

·
Registered
15,081 Posts
Fly, I think we're going to have to deal with the flow long before we deal with the ebb. We're doubling confirmed cases every 4 days now. Deaths are doubling in about 3.5 days. We've reached the dreaded "E" word territory.

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
If you're reading Toynbee you know there's an ebb and flow to human history. The old Hegelain dialectic still holds, as far as I'm concerned.

But I digress: "Tinky Wink?" LOL
Yeah, tinky wink. He seems to have filtered back in, but the new format ignores his original posts as well as any quotations. It reduces the amount of mindless dumb.

One of Toynbee's theses is that civilizations commit suicide through internal division and strife. They lose their creative minority and draw for the rest of the world, but instead rely upon a dominant minority that becomes ever more coercive until it all falls apart. There's more to it, of course. Trying to figure out where we are in the cycle is impossible, but the current evidence is that our civilization is committing suicide. Trump is a symptom,not a cause. Moscow Mitch is a symptom, not a cause. All the little wars we are involved in are symptoms, not a cause. They are telltales signs, based upon Toynbee's theories. I sure hope this is an incorrect read on things.

This analysis is entirely separate from the current virus problem, although the botched response is as much a symptom of the stage we are at as anything else.

·
Premium Member
13,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #352
I agree with Toynbee. (Like he could have ever cared!) The one hope I have is that we've been here before and that somehow we'll muddle through. But don't ask me how because I have no idea. Toynbee was looking at the big picture. There is a difference, though, and that is that no civilization in the past had tried true self-government. Not even the Brits at the height of the empire were truly democratic. (Actually, in some ways we aren't either but we're as close as anyone has ever gotten.)

I just picked up a great book by Ezra Klein called ("Why We're Polarized") He's one of the brightest political minds I seen in a while. (He founded VOX) Here's an hour interview at San Francisco's Commonwealth Club. Seems with all the time we have now it'd eat up a chunk of it.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
You need to check yourself dude.

Last I counted in the US;

The first reported case in the US was Jan 10th

We did not do anything about it till what, March?

170,000 people have tested positive

3,800 have died

The country has been shut down for two weeks, about a month to late to start. I

I’ve been at home for two weeks with at least two more to go

The economy is in a recession and they had to hand out 2 trillion dollars in stimulus

Republican leaders and people followed Trumps lead of this is not a big deal. It’s a cold no worse than the flu, because they/you believe In party over country.

If you took that stance and subsequently caught the virus and died, well, that’s just too bad.
Can not believe I wrote this a week ago.

Now 400,000 infected
12,600+ died

Hard to believe this is life in America.

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Can not believe I wrote this a week ago.

Now 400,000 infected
12,600+ died

Hard to believe this is life in America.
It appears that we may be hitting peak new infections and mortality rates. Isolation is working, which is good. The concern now is that people will relax, think it's over, and the bug will come roaring back.

We are watching the administration completely botch the trillion dollar bailout now, so there's always that to keep us occupied. Competent inspectors general got fired, and Trump installed lapdogs instead. Keep an eye on it - Trump will be lining his own pockets soon.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
It appears that we may be hitting peak new infections and mortality rates. Isolation is working, which is good. The concern now is that people will relax, think it's over, and the bug will come roaring back.

We are watching the administration completely botch the trillion dollar bailout now, so there's always that to keep us occupied. Competent inspectors general got fired, and Trump installed lapdogs instead. Keep an eye on it - Trump will be lining his own pockets soon.
He fired the guy running oversight so there isn’t even the appearance of impartiality. I’m mean, Blame Mitch McConnell because he has the power to work with the Dems to keep things honest, but he has zero interest in that.

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
It turns out there's three different strains of COVID-19. I don't know much more about it than that, but it goes to show there's a whole lot of research going on.

·
Registered
411 Posts

You poor, blithering idiot. do you ever get tired of being wrong on virtually every issue? Clearly not. this pandemic will be over sooner versus later with many less fatality that you doomsday left us on here incessantly predict. Worse, for you, is that Trump will ride this to a fairly easy re-election against yet another unbelievably bad, comrade, candidate the Democrats put forth in dementia Joe Biden. The misery you left us are going through will endure until 2024. I love it.

341 - 360 of 518 Posts