Sport Bikes banner

221 - 240 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
You are not being rational. I just posted a NEW YORK TIMES piece admitting they erred in trying to assign some level of culpabiliity to Palin on that matter.....the New York Times for Christsake! And your response is "I can't, not tonight?."

You are right about one thing: You can't.

I have come to the conclusion that you are a partisian hack, and nothing else matters to you. You accept no facts that don't fit your biased narrative.

Sorry bro, done with you. Take care thru this troubling time.
I’m not being rational?

A CONGRESSWOMAN’s name and location were posted on a social media site with crosshairs with millions of followers to view.

She was SHOOT in the head!

There is nothing you or anyone can say that will convince me that post was not socially irresponsible. No matter the intent, what ever her point was, that was not appropriate to post. There were better ways to make her point. She choose to use violence, and violence is what happened.

While there is no direct evidence the shooter saw that post, it’s also documented there was nothing to say he didn’t see it.

Therefore, I find it socially irresponsible to reference a violent act of shooting as a way to influence your political points, remove these certain congressmen or women. That’s what Palin wanted right, she wanted them “targeted for removal” and used crosshairs. Makes me fucking sick I have to explain this.

In fact, if you resort to violence, or mention violence in any way to exert your political views, you have abandoned the democratic process, and people that abandon the democratic process and use violence to exert their political agenda, they should be labeled a terrorist.

I’m NOT calling Palin a terrorist, but her attacker can be called one, and Palin’s post is again, irresponsible as it may influenced other domestic terrorist.

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
14,922 Posts
Well normally people just hit an arrow and it goes to another channel. Because it's essential now, the daily shitshow just makes good people have to expend too much energy trying to diplomatically walk back what he just said without the idiot understanding. Then his staff has to spend hours doing the same thing. I've been saying for a week that the media needs to stop asking HIM questions & engage the experts on stage exclusively. He can stand over to the side & look pretty for the cameras. In this situation that's all he's good for.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well normally people just hit an arrow and it goes to another channel. Because it's essential now, the daily shitshow just makes good people have to expend too much energy trying to diplomatically walk back what he just said without the idiot understanding. Then his staff has to spend hours doing the same thing. I've been saying for a week that the media needs to stop asking HIM questions & engage the experts on stage exclusively. He can stand over to the side & look pretty for the cameras. In this situation that's all he's good for.
Yes, just change the channel. That is a far cry from censorship though.

·
Registered
14,922 Posts
Call it what you like, seems between you & twinkie it morphed from "suppress free speech" to "censorship" in the discussion. It's no time for bullshit pretending to be reasoned, considered policy. We lead the world in number of confirmed Covid19 cases as of today. Cue the anthem, he was right, we've become sick of winning so much.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Call it what you like, seems between you & twinkie it morphed from "suppress free speech" to "censorship" in the discussion. It's no time for bullshit pretending to be reasoned, considered policy. We lead the world in number of confirmed Covid19 cases as of today. Cue the anthem, he was right, we've because sick of winning so much.
well I for one will reserve judgment until this is all over and see how our country comes out of this. I have no illusions that we would do any better under Obama or bush or any of the other clowns.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
The U.S. now leads the world in confirmed coronavirus cases.
Scientists warned that the United States someday would become the country hardest hit by the coronavirus pandemic. That moment arrived on Thursday.

In the United States, at least 81,321 people are known to have been infected with the coronavirus, including more than 1,000 deaths — more cases than China, Italy or any other country has seen, according to data gathered by The New York Times.

Italy has a 10% death rate, US right now is about 1.5% and growing. Let’s see where we are in 10 days as we are about 10 days behind Italy.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts

You would think Trump would be looking at the total number of Deaths really closely AND, breaking his back to get hospitals and doctors the resources they need to treat people, and he is doing something. But Governors are complaining they are competing for resources and getting out bid.

Trump should put an end to the now. Now I’m going to say something mean. The government is out bidding states, so let’s see which states get an unfair share of the resources the government acquires.

Edit:

Well that did not take long.

Trump Rejects New York’s Plea For Ventilators: ‘I Don’t Believe You Need’ That Many

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Even doctors are saying that Gov Cuomo is overstating his needs in terms of the number of ventilators (30,000). Its not just Trump. I know you leftist/Statists are infested with your visceral hatred for Trump, and it robs you of any ability to look at this objectively. Stop acting like we are all going to die; your defeatist attitudes are actually disgusting to the rest of Americans who are pulling together to beat this scourge the Chinese brought to us.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Even doctors are saying that Gov Cuomo is overstating his needs in terms of the number of ventilators (30,000). Its not just Trump. I know you leftist/Statists are infested with your visceral hatred for Trump, and it robs you of any ability to look at this objectively. Stop acting like we are all going to die; your defeatist attitudes are actually disgusting to the rest of Americans who are pulling together to beat this scourge the Chinese brought to us.
Perfectly said.

·
Registered
11,984 Posts
No need to censor Trump or anyone else. Call bullshit for what it is and make sure the information is out there. If wingnut idiots like tinkie wink want to swallow bullshit, let 'em, but make sure they have the choice. I don't know what to do about Faux News, since it's a bilge pond of misleading infotainment for idiots. Maybe there's nothing sane people can do except let the disease pass. I don't mean COVID-19, I mean this spasm of idiotic reactionary right wing political populism. Or maybe we are watching a civilization fall, eaten from inside by fools. I have been reading Toynbee again, and the parallels are remarkable. Civilizations commit suicide, according to his theory. Faux is a symptom of our cultural suicide.

·
Registered
11,984 Posts
View attachment 247967

You would think Trump would be looking at the total number of Deaths really closely AND, breaking his back to get hospitals and doctors the resources they need to treat people, and he is doing something. But Governors are complaining they are competing for resources and getting out bid.

Trump should put an end to the now. Now I’m going to say something mean. The government is out bidding states, so let’s see which states get an unfair share of the resources the government acquires.

Edit:

Well that did not take long.

Trump Rejects New York’s Plea For Ventilators: ‘I Don’t Believe You Need’ That Many
Trump will send ventilators to states whose governors kiss his ass effectively. Gavin Newsome seems to be able to swallow his pride and do that. Cuomo is a New Yorker. There's not a chance he will say anything except what he thinks. And do it bluntly.

·
Registered
11,984 Posts
I would not say that at all. all the way from where I sit it looks like Italy has the worst response of all right now.
Had. They are overwhelmed. The US is just now headed into the tank like Italy was. Other countries who aren't taking it seriously yet, will be along soon. It's one way to reduce the human population, if that's your goal.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
No need to censor Trump or anyone else. Call bullshit for what it is and make sure the information is out there. If wingnut idiots like tinkie wink want to swallow bullshit, let 'em, but make sure they have the choice. I don't know what to do about Faux News, since it's a bilge pond of misleading infotainment for idiots. Maybe there's nothing sane people can do except let the disease pass. I don't mean COVID-19, I mean this spasm of idiotic reactionary right wing political populism. Or maybe we are watching a civilization fall, eaten from inside by fools. I have been reading Toynbee again, and the parallels are remarkable. Civilizations commit suicide, according to his theory. Faux is a symptom of our cultural suicide.
And CNN, ABC, NBC and CBS are as pure as the driven snow, and report only the facts! If our civilization is falling apart, it has nothing to do with Fox news......hate to break it to you, WIll, but your leftists destroy everthing they touch. Everything. Boys now "identify" as girls, and so much other total nonsense that I could go on for days how your leftist asshats have accelerated the social and cultural decline of America. Congrats on that, now take your bloviating, wannabe elitist bullshit and choke on it. Oh, I don't want to seem uncharitable, but be careful about all the COVID-19 infesting the rathole that is known as Seattle.

221 - 240 of 256 Posts