Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
YIKES!! looks like a nakked bike.. IKKK... get her fixed soon.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
brentsR6 said:
i instantly think stuntbike when i see that but thats just me :D

hope you get it back to good man

7800 dollar stunt bike ?????? jeez mr big n rich :p

here's whats going on her. And I might just go ahead and get the tank cover too.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Why won't you ride a bike w/ cracked plastics, I don't get it?? I mean if everything is strait and it runs its still rideable. Like when you painted your plastics right after your first wreck, I waited over a year after my wreck to get my plastics welded and painted, the boo-boos served as a good reminder everytime I got on my bike and looked at them. Lesson learned and another day to live and ride...

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
SicFLgirlR6 said:
Why won't you ride a bike w/ cracked plastics, I don't get it?? I mean if everything is strait and it runs its still rideable. Like when you painted your plastics right after your first wreck, I waited over a year after my wreck to get my plastics welded and painted, the boo-boos served as a good reminder everytime I got on my bike and looked at them. Lesson learned and another day to live and ride...

Lets see, the front plastic is so badly damaged, that when you ride down the road it flaps against the handle bars. the Front fairing stay broke in 3 pieces. I'd reuse the side fairing accept the sharkskinz upper "cheaper then a stock honda upper. Is a single piece that includes the upper and mids as one piece. Why are you trying to start a fight? Honestly, if your gonna be "here it comes" a bitch about everything I say, then just keep typing to yourself.

Thats why.

They want 1950 for a set of plastics from honda, the front piece is almost 600 bucks alone new. the mids are fine, I'm selling my current plastics as a set, Thy do you care what I do with my money or my bike?

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
:lol, why are you so damn sensative I ask a question and you go on and on... Quit being so defensive and uptight, just sit back and relax, it was a simple question.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it seems everytime I post you want to turn it around as a negative. Why pay 350+ for a good used front upper, when for 373 I can get a lighter weight unpainted full upper with mids attached? Those cracks you see on the upper, there's a 4" piece missing from the fairing, the one in the middle is where the upper wrapped around the fairing stay bracket breaking the bracket into pieces. So I decided to go with the sharkskinz, I know the quality from first handexperience. The price is was better than then honda OEM plastics. Plus having race fairings on it will help with the value when i go to sell it "excluding if I wreck again".

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
If you found someone who is good with fiberglass, bondo and plastic welding your bike would be good as new. My tail section upper and mids were cracked to shit and missing chunks I dunno if you've seen the pics of my bike now on my site, but you can't tell its ever been down. Theres a lot of people that do plastic repair and painting for good prices, I'd look into that before anything.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Get creative with some super glue/zip ties/duct tape and ride the damn thing. You need the practice.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
ebay, there are plenty of wrecked 600RR on there.....see the theme......:lol

www.ronayers.com discount OE shop.

btw, i agree, get some beat up plastics for cheap, replace them after your 1st year of riding.

·
Registered
731 Posts
For once I have to agree with evils, it is realy a pain in the back when you ride and u got some loose plastic... I had that, but luckly it was easy to fix with about 30cent :D.

However, I also have to agree with SicFLgirlR6, you are a noob and will probably crash again (jup, good forcast :D) so I would say: why not try to just fix it with duc tape or similar, ok... it looks sh*t, but its not gona cost mutch and you will be thanks full when you down her again.

Oh, and what about a crash cage ? They safe your bike nearly perfectly and can give your bike a aggressive and MadMax look.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
looking into the crash cage, Cant fix the upper with duct tape, it's gonna need to be welded, or replaced. Sharkskinz again are cheaper then OEM parts. This is what i'm gonna do, it'll be next year before it's back out anyway. Wife needs 4-6 weeks to heal, and we have a youngin so i need to be here all the time to help her with him. No time to ride.

·
The Master Fabricator!!!!
1,687 Posts
Ok now lets keep this one civilized!!!!:D

I will be watching!!!!:D

·
Registered
236 Posts
Dude, who really gives a shit how much you spend for what? F__k that bike. Thank god you and your wife are ok. Hope she heals well. You can always get another bike, but a woman who likes to ride and puts up with ya? That's a rare combo. Anyway, glad your both ok, and best wishes to Mrs. evil............

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
evils-03-RR said:
looking into the crash cage, Cant fix the upper with duct tape, it's gonna need to be welded, or replaced. Sharkskinz again are cheaper then OEM parts. This is what i'm gonna do, it'll be next year before it's back out anyway. Wife needs 4-6 weeks to heal, and we have a youngin so i need to be here all the time to help her with him. No time to ride.

I take that back, I'm retrofitting my super adhesive clear sticky plastic stuff. Also known as Clear Duct tape :D, I may have the fairings sold though.

Steve

1 - 20 of 41 Posts