Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
freetors
640 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Honda has a great selection of 125/150 class bikes in Mexico.

At the bank, over the weekend, the branch had a drawing for an Invicta 150.

Pretty snazzy bike.

I guess Honda doesn't believe it'd sell in the land of Mega-displacement. I mean how often do we try (unsuccessfully at times) to talk new riders out of a Litre bike?

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
It'll never sell in the US, and the name is stupid.

In better Honda bashing news, Motorcyclist did the first ever US comparison of the new Honda CBR500R. They put it up against the Kawasaki Ninja 300. Every tester picked the Ninja. :banana

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I'm probably going to buy a grom to replace my cbr 125. I hate racing this thing at the gokart track, the cbr has an absolutely gutless midrange. The grom looks significantly better in that aspect... It just better not have a 5000$ msrp in Canada or I'm out.

Looks like it should weigh 60-70lbs less than the cbr. Thank god.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
It'll never sell in the US, and the name is stupid.

In better Honda bashing news, Motorcyclist did the first ever US comparison of the new Honda CBR500R. They put it up against the Kawasaki Ninja 300. Every tester picked the Ninja. :banana
How many green pages were in the magazine?

Isn't the CBR500 about 1500 bucks more than the 300 Ninja?

those two things alone (mainly how much advertizing Kawi threw at the thing) are enough to skew the results.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
The CB500 isn't any better than a ninja 500 so I don't see the point. It's noticeable slower and doesnt handle or brake all that much better. I'd just buy a mint late model 500R. If a newb is going to buy new, Ninja 250's and 300's are cheaper so a newb will buy one of those knowing they are going to
move up. I would love a Ninja 300.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
IIRC, This isn't legal in KY. In KY, to be established as a motorcycle, it has to be 250cc. To be established as a scooter, it has to have a "step through" chassis.

At least that was the law when someone I know tried to license a CRF-50.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
250cc to be highway legal in Ca but should be a great scooter alternative. I say so only because scooters are so expensive. but then again, compared to other states, so are motorcycles.

·
freetors
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I honestly think this bike could be really big. Many people are comparing it to the ruckus but saying it is better in every way. It has the potential to be endlessly customizable. Reports from those that have ridden or bought it say that the bike is an absolutely brilliant and fantastic ride.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
The CB500 isn't any better than a ninja 500 so I don't see the point. It's noticeable slower and doesnt handle or brake all that much better. I'd just buy a mint late model 500R. If a newb is going to buy new, Ninja 250's and 300's are cheaper so a newb will buy one of those knowing they are going to
move up. I would love a Ninja 300.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Know what would be awesome? If the CBR500 prompted Kawi to redesign the Ninja 500...

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Know what would be awesome? If the CBR500 prompted Kawi to redesign the Ninja 500...
That would be awesome, but with the 650 I doubt it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts