Sport Bikes banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
14,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Many people are saying Barry may do the audio version of the book. If so, I foresee a 3rd Grammy in his future.

·
Premium Member
13,419 Posts
Many people are saying Barry may do the audio version of the book. If so, I foresee a 3rd Grammy in his future.
That made me chuckle. If you're talking about THAT Barry—the one who used to be the President—that would be absolutely delicious to have happen BUT we both know Obama has way too much class to get in that fucking sandbox.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I'm reading the thing and in my voice, it sounds glorious. On any page you just what to say, "Fuck, no waaaaaaaay!!!" & then giggle. Pity the fools at Camp David with him this w/e.

·
Registered
11,961 Posts
Trump won't know what's in the book until somebody reads it and then explains it on Faux News anyway. The aides are safe this weekend. Give it another week, and Fox and Friends will tell Trump what to think of it. Then Katie bar the doors!

·
Premium Member
13,419 Posts
I'm reading the thing and in my voice, it sounds glorious. On any page you just what to say, "Fuck, no waaaaaaaay!!!" & then giggle. Pity the fools at Camp David with him this w/e.
So The Orange Man is convoking a big meeting at Camp David with anyone who's in the administration. The entire cabinet, the close-in aides, and of course, Sister Sarah Huckabee. There is only one missing person: Jefferson Beauregard Sessions

Looks like the they're up there raising the blade on the guillotine. I wonder whose neck is on the line. The little elf's, maybe?

·
Registered
14,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Trump won't know what's in the book until somebody reads it and then explains it on Faux News anyway. The aides are safe this weekend. Give it another week, and Fox and Friends will tell Trump what to think of it. Then Katie bar the doors!
Found on the sidebar this morning, below Scott Baio setting the record straight on Trump's Xmas party. The big story on FoxNews is the N.E. Patroits.

Harf and Lewandowski debate the 'Fire and Fury' firestorm | On Air Videos | Fox News

·
Registered
11,961 Posts
The propaganda wing of the GOP will do just about anything to hush it up, no doubt. There's a reason that people who watch Fox don't have the first foggiest idea what's going on in the world. But, they are angry about it, whatever it is.

·
Registered
11,961 Posts
I'm still slogging through Toynbee. I'm getting close to the end of volume VI. It makes me pessimistic, but then I'm naturally optimistic, so I think we will figure it out and won't be the end of the line for Western Christendom. Trump is a spasm.

·
Registered
11,961 Posts
20% through Volume VII of Study of History. Toynbee published volumes VII through X after he served in the home service during WWII. He wrote it from notes he made before the war, but you can tell that his perspective is a little different. Volume XI is an Atlas for the most part, and useful in understanding distances and scope (the Mongol empire was foooking enormous!). Volume XII was written in the 1960s and revisits some of his earlier thoughts. I'm not there yet, so I don't know what his thoughts were after 30 years of perspective. Here we are more than 60 years farther on, and the original still seems like fresh thinking. Even if the writing is an archaic thicket.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts