Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much do you trust it? I know it's theoretically more effective (against pregnancy) than the condom, or really any other method of birth control (to the best of my knowledge). However, it's much more intangible than something visible and concrete (such as the condom). My girlfriend is on the pill, but is uncomfortable with the concept of having sex without the condom (something I don't protest at all). I had a girlfriend in the past who was on the pill, and she had no problem having sex without a condom (she was actually the one who convinced me that it was ok to do it). I'd like to regularly have sex without the condom. We all know the drawbacks of the condom, so I don't need to go into that. Would it be ok to bring up the topic with the lady? If so, how should I approach it?
Thanks in advance,
Carlos

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
My last girlfriend and I would always "double up" she would be on the pill, and we would use spermicide as well just to be sure, because neither of us needed a kid at that point. Also, by the way, she still got pregnant, I guess one of my little soldiers was very determined to complete his mission. She got an abortion by her own will (I left it up to her).

I say if you aren't going to use a condom do what I did and double up on birth control (my situation was just one of those 1 in a 100,000 odds).

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
If you take the pill roughly about the same time daily, lets say 7 a.m. - 8 a.m. it is 98.9% effective. Firefighter makes a good point tho. If your really that nervous, use spermacide also. But watch out tho, alot of ppl are allergic to it and it causes awful rashed and burns. Yes, burns. Also, does a condom.

I wouldn't be too worried about it tho. If she dosent skip and is good at taking it at about the same time daily, there should be no need to worry. Firefighter is right tho, what happend to his ex is VERY rare. She might of accidently skiped a day and was ovulating at the same time.. YIKES!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm fairly well comfortable with the pill. Thanks for the helpful replies though. What could I tell my lady that would put her mind a little more at ease with the idea? Keeping in mind she's a worrier by nature.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Just show her hard facts, numbers, stats, surveys, anything done my the American Medical Association or Planned Parenthood or other medical organizations. The proof is in the pudding.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
japbike said:
If you take the pill roughly about the same time daily, lets say 7 a.m. - 8 a.m. it is 98.9% effective. Firefighter makes a good point tho. If your really that nervous, use spermacide also. But watch out tho, alot of ppl are allergic to it and it causes awful rashed and burns. Yes, burns. Also, does a condom.

My wife has that problem...we tried these "strips" you place inside and melt into a spermicide, very uncomfortable afterwards for her. So we stopped using that. And condoms she breaks out from them.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Yellow2003 said:
I'm fairly well comfortable with the pill. Thanks for the helpful replies though. What could I tell my lady that would put her mind a little more at ease with the idea? Keeping in mind she's a worrier by nature.
Have her talk to her GYN. It's very very effective. I was on in it and with my ex hubby for 5 years...we only used a condom once because I forgot to take it one night...I was religious about taking it, same time every day but that one time so we used the extra precaution :)

It's nice to ride bare back and not worry!! :twofinger

·
Registered
317 Posts
i trust the pill...i just don't trust my woman...and i can't babysit her daily to make sure she takes it...

·
Registered
430 Posts
I too am a big fan of the shot, since they only need to get it once every three months, with an appointment, it is much easier to remember, there is also another one, I can't remember, where something is injected just under the skin, and is good for like, 5 years, I like that one too.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
My girlfriend couldn't handle shots and needles, she would pass out EVERY time she got a shot, so it wasn't really an option for her. Hell, she got squeamish when I would talk about how difficult it was to find a good vein on a patient and how many times we had to stick them. :lol

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
how much is the shot and where can we get it? my g/f says she gets fucked up off the pill(mood swings, etc)...so maybe the shot will work? plus i dont trust her to take it everyday

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Talk to Planned Parenthood or call up an OBGYN, either of them should be able to help you and her set up an appointment.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Her pill may have too much hormones snigg---she might do better on the more lower dosage ones that they have had out for awhile. Again her GYN can help with that.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
The pill is very effective. Now my gf's on the needle 'cause I made her go on it after we had our daughter.

Trust no one.

Don't get me wrong, I love my daughter more than anything and wouldn't change a thing, ever.

But a simple "oops I forgot today's pill" and next thing you know you're holding up a leg in the hospital at 4 in the morning.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Maybe the first couple of times do it without a condom, but pull out. Then, maybe the next couple of time she will let you. My wife is on the patch, and so far so good.....

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
I had a son. Ever since I havn't been using contraceptive methods much at all....if any. But guess what? It's the strangest damn thing...... my hand has yet to get pregnant....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts