Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this has been done before, I don't care, here is how my perfect stable would look like even though I hate BMWs...

Track bike:

HPwhat? I'll run out of testies before the plain vanilla S1000RR runs out of Bavarian ponies...

Street bike:

Twins, I4s, I3s, who cares when you have so many Bavarian torks on demand and German e-nannies to save your a$$ when you run out of talent? Just twist your right wrist and feel the Bavarian magic propel your behind to ludicrous speeds...

Mile muncher:

Bavarian torks can't make up for Bavarian reliability, those Japanese guys have figured out the wheel is round and that there is no need to reinvent it, they just make it rounder and smoother rolling on every iteration.

Commuter:

Ugly as sin, thieves run away from it. Reliable as an anvil, fit and finish worse than a Chinese bike, it can oly get uglier overtime. No one will want to steal it, but it will get the job done... And you'll probably lose your license, it's the kind of bike that begs you to ride it like a hooligan.

So what woud your perfect stable loook like?

Disclaimer: If BMW does indeed come out with a S1000RR based ADV Tourer the S1000R would get the boot.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Have you looked at the ES version of the FJR?

Anyway, for me it's

Track

Street

Mile Muncher (Set up for touring, bags etc)

Commuter (My current bike. Image is way too big.)

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you looked at the ES version of the FJR?

Anyway, for me it's

Mile Muncher (Set up for touring, bags etc)

Commuter (My current bike. Image is way too big.)
Why not the Concours? There is bliss on not having to worry about a damn chain... Specially when you have no centerstand to lube and adjust it.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Bmw S1000rr and a Triumph 675r for the track
Ktm super duke r for the street and commuting
Triumph tiger 800 xc for long trips
Suzuki DR650 for trail riding and exploring
Kawasaki zx14r for the drag strip
Ktm 390 for hooning
And a honda grom for shits and grins

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Why not the Concours? There is bliss on not having to worry about a damn chain... Specially when you have no centerstand to lube and adjust it.
I've never once minded lubing my chain, really, and with the Pack Jack tool all you need is a set of rear spools to lift the rear of the bike barely off the ground to lube the chain. Did it all the time for my SV650.

As for why not? Well, if I had to get a PROPER sport tourer it'd probably be the Connie but I like both ZX-14 and 14R looks and weight better. I'm just not quite ready to set into a full on sport tourer, and if I ever get the urge I just ask my dad if I can ride his FJR1300 for a bit and then the urge will abate. (That urge has yet to find me, though.)

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
I go with the formula of "N+1" with regard to motorcycles. The value of "N" is the number of motorcycles I own now.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
zx10 - canyon rides with sweepers

636 - canyon rides with hairpins and lower speed limits

kx250f - mucking around in the dirt

fz09 and or Bolt - mobbin around town

Panigale 899/1199 - Meets and occasional canyon rides

636 - track bike