#1 ·
"TOPUYRT"

Post up pics of your sweet ride, here.

:cheers

Attachments

See less See more
#53 ·
CliveS2R said:
Id love a bike to turn into a nerdy chick magnet/cafe racer.

Spaniel, that bridge looks familiar. are you from PA?

the monster is more of a chick magnet

unless by chick you mean dudes like you

the CB currently has a straight-pipe exhaust and you can hear me coming from many blocks away

it turns heads and makes people cover their ears

#55 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZOnIbKTsqs

the video really doesn't do justice.
it's ear piercingly loud

when riding down town it turns almost all heads

a friend did the same thing to his XJ750, and on a quiet night i could hear him coming from the shopping center about a 3/4 mile away

i can't ride it without ear-plugs period

but it shoots some wicked balls of fire!

#60 ·
These pics are a couple of years old, but it looks exactly the same except that the peeling area of the tank is b***** now, and the seat is coming apart.

PhilB

Attachments

#62 ·
PhilB said:
These pics are a couple of years old, but it looks exactly the same except that the peeling area of the tank is b***** now, and the seat is coming apart.

PhilB
I have a special place in my heart for a red Monster! I aspire to reach your infamous mileage that Motogpfan just told me about. I have 3,000 miles added since March. Riding a bike is one of the most amazing discoveries I have ever made for myself.

#63 ·
S.G. said:
I have a special place in my heart for a red Monster! I aspire to reach your infamous mileage that Motogpfan just told me about. I have 3,000 miles added since March. Riding a bike is one of the most amazing discoveries I have ever made for myself.
Excellent. I've met a guy a couple of times around my area who has over 500,000 miles on his 1970 Triumph 750 Bonneville. He's my hero. At my current rate, I'll achieve that when I'm about 80. Gotta keep riding!

PhilB

#65 ·
cherub_rock said:
It's redundant, but I must say it:

Really?!

I'll need more info!

I crossed 20,000 this past month -- a small but significant milestone. It's never run stronger! (Or looked rattier :dblthumb )
I'll try to find out more details. A quick internet search didn't come up with anything about it.

I met him first at an event at a Ducati/Triumph/Victory dealership in OC a couple years ago. Last year, the San Diego auto museum had a motorcycle show, and his bike was there. Also, several years ago, Cycle World did an article on very high mileage bikes, and his was featured (it only had 400,000 or so then).

It's about the rattiest thing you've ever seen; makes my and your bikes look like show bikes. It's blue, with a lot of dents and surface rust and all. Big white Vetter fiberglass fairing, with stickers all over it, from everywhere.

Very cool.

PhilB

#66 ·
PhilB said:

PhilB
Dude, i didnt realize that was you. You had a monster of the month on DML. You were like one of the first. I dont konw why im telling you this.

#71 ·
#73 ·
Nice ride. I like the wet pavement for full effect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.