Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's a million threads about this already, but I thought I'd share my personal experience. I just finished today. 100 % on the written test and 95% on the riding test.....I decelerated through a turn.
It was a tough weekend decked out in full gear in the 90 degree heat, but I learned so much and am on a whole new confidence level when it comes to my riding ability. I never thought I'd be doing tight figure eight's and stopping from 25 mph in 15-20 feet after only 2 days of training. I'd ridden my buddies Katana 600 some, but the Suzuki GZ125 that I trained on surprised the hell out of me. I'm 6'2 205 and it had plenty of power to pull me along. Granted it wasn't blazing fast, but it was enough to do the job. All the instructors were as helpful and encouraging as you could possibly want. People were making the most basic mistakes, and they would just smile and tell you what you could do to make it better the next try. Several members in our class had been riding for 10+ years and they were still having trouble with some of the excercizes. I'll stop rambling now....I'm just excited to get through it and wanted to encourage whoever hasn't taken it yet to do so. Possibly the best $100 I've ever spent. :headbang

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Way to go!!

There's a reason why so many on this site so strongly recommend the MSF course. Those guys who have been riding for years likely have a bunch of bad habits to un-learn. You started out on the right foot. It won't hurt to practice what you learned from time to time in a safe, empty parking lot. It will be especially useful when you get your own bike. Repeat the drills on your bike until they become automatic and second nature. Ride safe and have fun!!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Cool...now go out and find a 250-500cc used bike and get some mileage under you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That figure 8 was something. I still had to put my foot down during the test, my only deduction. I never knew a bike can do such a tight turn at low speed.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sounds crazy but being left-handed i had a hell of a time making that left hands turn of the figure 8.

Wish i could find a $300-500 bike just to practice on until i can find the bike i want ( CBRF4i) we were on a nighthawk 250. anyone know of one that i can practice on in the communtiy.
Hey MSF is great i would pay the $50 just to ride all weekend again if i could.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I take it this weekend!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts