Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Folks! My girlfriend sold her 07 Ninja 250 and bought an 07 ZZR600 a while back. This is basically a build/repair thread for her bike with me doing all the work, of course.

2007 Kawasaki ZZR600
13k miles
Two brothers Slip-on exhaust
dropped a few times
poorly painted black windscreen

Things I've replaced/done since bike was bought:
  • crappy rear flush mount LED turn signals for better short stalk LEDs from D2Moto.com
  • replaced the front bent wheel from one I bought from Kentucky cycles
  • replaced the bald rear tire with a decent Michelin Pilot Road 2
  • oil change using Rotella 15w40 and Bosch 3323 oil filter
  • Lowered the front forks and lowered the rear with T-Rex lowering links
  • bled the brakes
  • replaced broken clutch lever
  • replaced faulty clutch switch
  • installed LED lights
  • installed swing arm spools
  • repaired faulty fuel pump
To Do:
  • Install sound system
  • valve adjustment/inspection
  • sync carbs
  • replace windscreen
  • replace bar ends
  • install rear tire hugger

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've been secreting working on installing Pink LED lights on her bike while she's at work. Unfortunately, she's been giving me shit about why I haven't done anything else around the house... But anyhow. It's mostly done and I have 4 light strips I need to figure out where else I can put them. If yall didn't know, pink has the lowest light output and is not very bright as compared to blue, green, orange, purple, and white. I've also added some pink (they look blue/purple) chinese tire fire flies so the wheel lights up when rolling.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the lights really turned out better than I had thought. My girlfriend wanted lights so that she can be noticeable on the roads at night and she thinks that people are less likely to wreck into her if they notice that she's female. More sympathetic to female riders than males deal.

The beer was good but not so much about the brake fluid.

·
5,547 Posts
I can't believe you put those farings paint side down on that hard tile floor. Reminds me of the pink neon sign at the local stripper club.

·
Registered
221 Posts
The last time i set up LED's, i would actually power the leds and place them in various spots on the bike, how the light shined off the metals and such. Placement is key if your looking for that awesome look. I ended up illuminating the rear tire from the wheel well and the front forks along with engine area. For my setup i made use of splicer connectors they use for phone lines. It made it really easy to tap into power.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts