Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had several co-workers respond with..."How am I supposed to function without Google?"

Attachments

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I use a large number of searches, so i wouldn't care if google was down

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Nevrsumr22 said:
I usually use msn search. That piece of shit goes out at least once a day.

Google OWNS MSN search.

Shit, Google owns EVERY other search engine that I've tried to use...not to mention, Google just seems simpler to me than any of the others.

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Google owns enough that mozilla encorporates it into their browser. Nuff said.

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
Gimpdiggity said:
Google OWNS MSN search.

Shit, Google owns EVERY other search engine that I've tried to use...not to mention, Google just seems simpler to me than any of the others.
Yea but I like to use the search frame on the left side of the browser so I can keep my search results showing when I want to go down the list. Google is not an option for the side search.

We had it at home somehow but I can't do it at work.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I never use google. I have no problem finding stuff with anything.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nevrsumr22 said:
Yea but I like to use the search frame on the left side of the browser so I can keep my search results showing when I want to go down the list. Google is not an option for the side search.
That's not true. If you follow these instructions from Google's website it will be in your side list:
http://www.google.com/options/defaults.html#default

Internet Explorer

For Windows: Download this file to make Google the default search engine for Internet Explorer versions 4.0 - 6.0. (Note: you will need Administrator privileges on your computer in order to install this file.)

The "search" button will bring up a Google search box down the left side of your browser.

The "Search The Web" menu option from the "Go" menu will take you to Google. For IE4 only, you can type "? <search terms>" in the URL box instead of a URL, and it will perform the search.

When you click on the above link, IE will ask you whether to open or to save the file. Select "open" to immediately make the changes (i.e., to make Google your default search engine for the actions described above). Select "save," and then look at the file under Notepad, if you'd rather examine what the file does first. Be aware that you will probably have to reboot your system to make the change go into effect (even if your computer does not tell you so).

By default, Google will show results in the search channel window, leaving the main window for browsing. If you prefer seeing the search results in the main window, try this file instead.

If you change your mind, this file will set the search engine back to the original Internet Explorer default.

If you previously had your default search engine for Internet Explorer set to be Google, then you upgraded your Internet Explorer version and now find that Google is no longer your default search engine, don't panic! Just download the conversion file again to set Google as the default search engine for your new Internet Explorer version.
Besides, Google has many other features that few people realize.

http://www.google.com/options/index.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts