Sport Bikes banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Holy cow!! Glad you survived and thanks for sharing your story. What Sidis were you wearing?
Sidi Strada Evo Rains. More of a sport-touring boot, and less protection than a roadrace boot, unfortunately.

I've since picked up a set of Sidi Vertigo Rains. Still trying to break them in. Much stiffer, much more protection.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Sidi Strada Evo Rains. More of a sport-touring boot, and less protection than a roadrace boot, unfortunately.

I've since picked up a set of Sidi Vertigo Rains. Still trying to break them in. Much stiffer, much more protection.

Cool, I was wondering if you were in some kind of street/touring boot. I have the Sidi Vertigo Lei (womens race boots) and was hoping that I could expect better protection than that. Although from the sounds of it, your boots still did a pretty good job.

All this would be great, but I'm female and do you know just how impossible it is to find decent boots without having to buy mx boots for commuting? 'Course, I could always buy the Icon Bombshells and look really good when I road rash. :tremble

Welcome to SBN! Just saw this post, but there are a couple of excellent options for women: The Sidi Vertigo Lei boots I just mentioned, and Alpinestars Stella boots also. Not sure what size you wear, but I've had a couple pairs of mens race boots that fit really well, if all else fails. You don't have to be reduced to motox or Icon hookerwear. ;)

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
I use a very sport touring type boot, the Axo Primato II, really a bargain boot. Has lasted me a good year so far! Need to reglue some velcrow but that's it for as far as repairs go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys, new rider here looking for some advice. I currently wear a pair of Dainese Dynos Dainese Dyno Shoes - RevZilla which I primarily chose because of the hard shell around the ankle. I wanted protection from my foot getting crushed but at the time I didn't really take into account the possibility of it getting twisted too, which it seems these probably don't protect against too much.

After reading this thread, I'm wondering if it would be advisable to pick up a pair of full length boots to wear on my longer rides and save the Dynos for short trips.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts