Sport Bikes banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
And over on the V-Rod forums, 'Ted' is talking about ZX-14's with pipes, filter, PC, and Pilot Road 2's being slower than you may think...

·
Registered
672 Posts
fz6r is a weaker entry level version of the fz6. The fz6 has about 85+ hp the fz6r is detuned to 65 hp.

fz6r runs the 12.5s like you said, fz6 runs like 11.5 or faster at about 118 mph so mabe that poster was referring to the wrong model

·
this is all we are
517 Posts
fz6r is a weaker entry level version of the fz6. The fz6 has about 85+ hp the fz6r is detuned to 65 hp.

fz6r runs the 12.5s like you said, fz6 runs like 11.5 or faster at about 118 mph so mabe that poster was referring to the wrong model
Could be.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
No I meant the 6r but I guess I'm wrong. I guess the overall peakiness of the 6r made it feel faster, as the vrod definitely came on earlier, but I seem to distinctly remember getting data that said the 6r was in fact faster.

In any case, it's a half-second slower and something like 15k cheaper.

lulz

·
Registered
672 Posts
No I meant the 6r but I guess I'm wrong. I guess the overall peakiness of the 6r made it feel faster, as the vrod definitely came on earlier, but I seem to distinctly remember getting data that said the 6r was in fact faster.

In any case, it's a half-second slower and something like 15k cheaper.

lulz
its 7k cheaper, and the fz6r is slow fora sportbike lol

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Ah I thought the v rod was 20k. However, the FZ6r will be discounted, the V-Rod I rode was 18k and they were basically non-negotiable on it.

I really don't see how "It's slow for a sportbike" is relevant, as it seems you've missed the point completely.

The 6r can do everything the V-rod can do, just better, and cheaper.

Power cruisers are stupider than regular cruisers, as they give up the comfort and practicality and give you none of the handling characteristics.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
someone needs to take his 14 to the track...or buy the cruiser he secretly wants & needs.

if you're having girl problems i feel bad for you son!

having a zx14 and getting spanked by ANYONE, even on turns, is unacceptable and a GIRL PROBLEM.

i cant believe how many pages stupid threads like this get with serious replies.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
someone needs to take his 14 to the track...or buy the cruiser he secretly wants & needs.

having a zx14 and getting spanked by ANYONE, even on turns, is unacceptable and a GIRL PROBLEM.

i cant believe how many pages stupid threads like this get with serious replies.
Oh, irony.

·
Banned
7,982 Posts
Ah I thought the v rod was 20k. However, the FZ6r will be discounted, the V-Rod I rode was 18k and they were basically non-negotiable on it.

I really don't see how "It's slow for a sportbike" is relevant, as it seems you've missed the point completely.

The 6r can do everything the V-rod can do, just better, and cheaper.

Power cruisers are stupider than regular cruisers, as they give up the comfort and practicality and give you none of the handling characteristics.
Depending when and how the guy bought the VRod. They were around $30K when they first came out because HD dealers jacked them up. However this guy might of bought a later one used, and paid a lot lot less. People like to assume others bought NEW, but they might of bought USED. So price is a way might not matter.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
its 7k cheaper, and the fz6r is slow fora sportbike lol
You're missing the point of the FZ6r entirely. it's slow for a 600, but it's not targeting the middleweight group of 600s. it's targeting the SV650 and Ninja650r segment. it's a higher end beginner bike. Basically, yamaha said that "new riders want a 600. lets give them one" and made a ridable 600 for newbies.

It's not slow for a sportbike, or slow for a 600. it's not made to be like that.
at least, as far as I know.

·
Motorcycle Affectionado
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

I do secretly want a cruiser but I don't want to pay for it. The ZX-14 is MY cruiser.

I know guys who'd spank John on a 600 SS. Guys who ride the same exact route John's race was on, and never close the throttle. 150 MPH the whole way, dragging knees in one pieces. It's about the rider, not the bike. No matter how fast you think you are, there's always someone faster. There's no shame in losing a race to someone more skilled. Your attitude is exactly what started the race. And for the record, John didn't lose the race. The Harley almost crashed, John took the lead, and quit the race.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I do secretly want a cruiser but I don't want to pay for it. The ZX-14 is MY cruiser.

I know guys who'd spank John on a 600 SS. Guys who ride the same exact route John's race was on, and never close the throttle. 150 MPH the whole way, dragging knees in one pieces. It's about the rider, not the bike. No matter how fast you think you are, there's always someone faster. There's no shame in losing a race to someone more skilled. Your attitude is exactly what started the race. And for the record, John didn't lose the race. The Harley almost crashed, John took the lead, and quit the race.
so John pulled the classic honda-ricer fly-by...the harley quit,you passed him,said "i win!!!" and called it a race,lol. sweet. re-living your 17 y/o glory days?:eek:nfloor

oh,did you,i mean John, remember your,er,his, 4 ways? hahaha...

·
Registered
113 Posts
i beat a SE V ROD at the drag strip on my 06 victory 8 ball:eek:nfloor. pissed him of to no end. all i had was a 2-1 pipe and a S&S air filter and re map. our times were close to the same 1/8 mile track. my et was 7.58 at 94 mph. my vic is a snap to launch. just rev it to 2,000 rpm pop the clutch and twist the throttle. i just love beating HDs on my victory cuzz most [ not all] hd riders are poser snobs.
i had a HD for a short time. the bike was ok but i just could not stand all the DRAMA that goes with riding a HD. my victory is a much better motorcycle.

·
Jive Turkey
4,528 Posts
I actually like Victory, as they aren't seen in swarms at every corner bar and they don't try shoving any kind of gay lifestyle down your throat like Harley does, and I honestly wouldn't mind a Hammer S added to the garage one of these days.

·
Registered
113 Posts
most sport bike owners gravitate to the hammer s. it is very sporty for a cruiser. i like the vegas 8 ball cuzz it is a bare bones stripped down black everything bike. the 250 tire looks great but it takes HP to turn that big tire[ rolling resistance] i owned a fat tired custom vengeance pro streeter [S&S 113 ] before the 8 ball. so i got the fat tired bike out of my system. before that i had a 1200 sporty,. i also had fun beating big twin HDs on the sporty. most HD riders look down their nose at a sportster. honist to god my 1200 sporty made 72 RWHP with a slip on and jet kit. my friend had a 07 96 inch night train . with a pipe ,big air kit and re map the HD 96 put out 69 RWHP. my MODERN victory is at about 100 RWHP with the same mods.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this guy who was on his way home from work this morning at about 5:00 AM. He was riding a 06 ZX-14 with pipes, filter, PC, and Pilot Road 2's. I'll refer to him as John. While cruising with the flow of traffic at around 65 MPH, a guy on a V-Rod pulls up next to him, gives him a smug look, and takes off.

John is a pretty respectable rider who very rarely speeds or rides recklessly on public roads. John wears gear head to toe every time he rides and is somewhat responsible. But for some reason the V-Rod guy suckered him in to a street race. John thought to himself "it's a cruiser, i'll give him a quick spanking to show him Jap bikes rip and then back off". "Plus there's hardly any cars on the road and no police presence".

Little did John know the V-Rod was very, very fast and the operator was very, very skilled. John didn't know that the V-Rod was far from stock. The V-Rod was hitting every apex perfectly, lightly scraping hard parts at around 120 MPH on sweeping highway turns. On straights the V-Rod was doing at least 160 MPH with a roaring exhaust note. John stayed right behind him for about 20 miles but lacked the balls to pass. John wasn't used to those kind of speeds and lean angles on his ZX-14 but he stubbornly refused to give in. John was pushing the ZX-14 harder than he ever did before, by a lot. Eventually John stopped looking at the speedometer and passed him on a straight that had to be around 175 MPH indicated.

But in the next turn the V-Rod passed him carrying more corner speed. His exhaust sparked, grounding out, and the back wheel wobbled, almost causing a highside. At that point John passed him again. But the V-Rod rider rather die than be schooled by a punk on "Jap Crap". So he gunned by John again. John finally realized what he was doing was stupid as shit, and somebody was going to get hurt. So he gave up as the V-Rod disappeared into the horizon.

Those two guys are absolute macho assholes and shouldn't ever do that again. But John gained a new respect for Harleys and their owners.
I own both a 2006 V Rod street rod and a Ducati 999. I just want to say my 999 will leave my V Rod in the dust in a blink of an eye. 😁 but love both my bikes for what they are.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts